Chapter 1, The Cat and the Hornbeam Trees
1. How does Will know Mrs. Cooper?
(a) She used to sell him fresh fruit
(b) She was his piano teacher
(c) She had been a friend of his mother's
(d) She used to babysit Wil
2. What does Will ask Mrs. Cooper to do for him?
(a) Watch his mother
(b) Fix him some soup
(c) Hide him
(d) Come clean his house
3. What does Will begin looking for when he goes back to his empty house?
(a) Thing one and Thing two
(b) Golden Compass
(c) Subtle Knife
(d) Green leather writing case
4. What happens while Will is in the house that changes his plans?
(a) The men get the case before he does
(b) Mrs. Cooper returns with Wil's mother
(c) He kills one of the men
(d) Wil finds the case empty
5. What does Will notice is missing in regards to his father that cause him to wonder about the stories his mother tells?
(a) No souvenirs
(b) No postcards
(c) No pictures or proof
(d) No phone calls
This section contains 4,993 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)