Chapter 1, The Cat and the Hornbeam Trees
• Will Parry takes his mother to a friend's house and asks that his mother be taken care of.
• Will returns home to find his father's letters in the green leather writing case and kills one of the intruders.
• Will finds a window that leads to another world.
• Will meets Lyra, who is also from another world.
Chapter 2, Among the Witches
• Serafina is looking for Lyra and happens upon a boat.
• Serafina finds that Mrs. Coulter is torturing a witch for information about Lyra.
• Serafina kills the witch and flees Mrs. Coulter.
• The witches decide to go and find Lyra, and Lee goes off to find Grumman and a weapon he had.
Chapter 3, A Children's World
• Two children tell Lyra and Will that Specters attack the grown ups in Cittagazze, but not the children.
• Lyra gets clothing to make her less conspicuous...
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)