|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Twelve-year-old Kimberly Diane Leach is last seen with an angry man in what kind of vehicle?
2. The "Afterword" takes place in what year?
3. After Ted's next murder conviction in early 1980, who pleads with the judge to spare Ted's life?
4. How does Detective Parmenter know that the vehicle plate number he's given belongs to a vehicle in Leon County?
5. By the end of the story, Ann feels that Ted has done what to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ann believe that Ted could not possibly be involved in the Florida murders despite the fact that they are reminiscent of Ted's past murders?
2. What does Ted do during his sentencing phase after he is convicted of Kimberly Leach's murder?
3. Why aren't Ted's crimes in Washington, Utah and Colorado brought up during the sentencing phase of Ted's trial?
4. Ted and Ann still correspond via letters while Ted is awaiting trial. How does Ted describe his state of mind to Ann in those letters?
5. After Ted is finally caught by a policeman while trying to escape in a stolen orange Volkswagon bug, he gives what name to police?
6. Knowing that Ann has received notoriety for a book about his crimes, what does Ted demand of her?
7. After Ted confesses on tape to 36 murders, why isn't he sent back to the state of Washington to face trial?
8. During Ted's trials involving the Florida assaults and killings, what is the most damaging piece of evidence in the case against Ted Bundy?
9. When Ann learns of Ted's arrest in Florida, what does she think?
10. When Ted is charged with the attacks and murders of the Tallahassee women as well as the death of Kimberly Leach, how does he react? What does this show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ted is continuously described as being "intelligent" throughout "The Stranger Beside Me". In a 1-2 page (typewritten) essay, talk about why or why not you think this is an apt description of Ted's character. Give examples to support your theories.
Essay Topic 2
There are many ironic aspects of Ted's life story. Write about three ironies of Ted's life, going into detail as to why you find a particular item ironic.
Essay Topic 3
Write a 1-2 page essay about one of these topics:
a) How Ann's relationship with Ted changes versus how it stays the same over the course of her getting to know him.
b) How Meg's relationship with Ted changes versus how it stays the same over the course of their time together.
c) How Ted's mother's relationship with her son changes versus how it stays the same over the course of his lifetime.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)