|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the authorities do when they hear that Ted could be the perpetrator of the Utah crimes?
2. At what local bar is college-student Brenda Carol Ball last seen talking with a handsome man?
3. In the Carol DaRonch case, Ted is tried on what charge?
4. After he is "on the run", Ted eventually winds up where?
5. When Ann finds out that Ted is the person who called her while she was in the hospital, she realizes what?
Short Essay Questions
1. The last time 15-year-old Katherine Merry Devine was seen alive, she was doing what?
2. How does the author describe Ted's persona during high school and into his early college years?
3. How do observers describe the man with whom the two young women (Janice Ott and Denise Naslund) who disappear from Lake Sammamish State Park are each last seen?
4. Why does Ted Bundy change his name upon arriving in Tallahassee, Florida?
5. After the murders stop in Utah, how and where do they restart?
6. After Ted is caught by officials following his escape from the law library in Aspen, what are three things that happen that throw him into a tailspin of depression and anxiety?
7. While Ted is employed by the City of Seattle's Crime Prevention Advisory Commission, he works on what law?
8. After the 1974 abductions in Washington and Oregon cease, where do more killings begin to occur? Why?
9. Why don't the authorities immediately arrest Ted when Meg reveals her suspicions?
10. After Ted is arrested for having what appear to be "burglary tools" in his car, he is let go. However, what do the authorities do during this period?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 1-2 page essay about one of these topics:
a) How Ann's relationship with Ted changes versus how it stays the same over the course of her getting to know him.
b) How Meg's relationship with Ted changes versus how it stays the same over the course of their time together.
c) How Ted's mother's relationship with her son changes versus how it stays the same over the course of his lifetime.
Essay Topic 2
What lessons have you learned from reading "The Stranger Beside Me" in terms of your own personal safety? Write down at least five and discuss how you will use those lessons to keep yourself as safe as possible.
Essay Topic 3
Rule suggests in her book that despite his infamy for heinous acts, Bundy actually performed some heroic acts in his life. What examples of heroic acts were given in the book, and do you agree that they were heroic? How does this affect your opinion of Bundy?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)