|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches Ann's encounter with Ted after he is released on bail?
(a) Seattle detectives.
(c) Ted's mother.
(d) Ann's mother.
2. When Ted returns to study law in Salt Lake City, Utah, his grades are what?
(a) The best the school has seen.
(b) The same as they were before.
(c) Worse than ever.
(d) The author doesn't say.
3. After he is released on bail, Ted tells Ann that he is what?
4. Ann moves where to write a screenplay?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
5. How do Ted's relatives feel about his arrest?
(a) They do not find out about it because he keeps it from them.
(b) They refuse to say anything to anyone, so no one can be sure.
(c) They support him and cannot believe he would be placed in jail.
(d) They are relieved that he has been discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Joni Lenz recognize anyone in the pictures Ann shows her?
2. On July 14, 1974, 23-year-old Janice Ott (who later disappeared) helped a man whom witnesses say introduced himself with what name?
3. How many siblings does Ted have?
4. Carol DaRonch is one of Ted's only victims who...
5. How does Ted feel toward Meg, whom he believes turned him in to police?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ted is arrested for having what appear to be "burglary tools" in his car, he is let go. However, what do the authorities do during this period?
2. After the 1974 abductions in Washington and Oregon cease, where do more killings begin to occur? Why?
3. After Ted is released on bail in November of 1975, what does he do?
4. When Ted is placed in Pitikin County Jail, he refers to it as a "Mickey Mouse operation". Why does he use this term?
5. How does the author describe Ted's persona during high school and into his early college years?
6. Ann knows that Meg is frightened without Ted. What does Ann do with this knowledge?
7. After the murders stop in Utah, how and where do they restart?
8. How does Ted manage to escape from the law library in Aspen?
9. What are the three distinct personalities Ann believes Ted possesses?
10. When Ann runs into Ted during a Christmas party in 1973, whom does he introduce as his girlfriend? Why is this an interesting fact in terms of the story?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)