|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting Ted, Ann continues her communications with Ted through what means?
(a) Post cards.
(b) Phone calls.
(c) Face-to-face meetings.
2. Whose letters and documents does the author include in this book?
3. Why is the new law that Ted worked on and championed ironic?
(a) It closed all the Crisis Clinics.
(b) It penalized women who gave birth out of wedlock.
(c) It allowed him to more easily stalk women.
(d) It stopped crime from happening on campuses.
4. After reading about the attacks and abductions in Utah, who contacts the police to tell them that the perpetrator could be Ted?
5. Ted writes to Ann in September and talks about doing what?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Shaving his hair off.
(c) Tattooing himself.
(d) Killing himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ted dating while he is secretly engaged to another girl?
2. After he is taken into the police station, who identifies Ted in a line-up?
3. While he is in prison, Ted is ordered to see a doctor because of what?
4. Ted becomes interested in which woman after being spurned by his first love?
5. How does Ted feel toward Meg, whom he believes turned him in to police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ted contact Ann after he is released in Salt Lake City?
2. What are the three distinct personalities Ann believes Ted possesses?
3. The second case Ann is called upon to help investigate is that of Joni Lenz. What happened to Joni?
4. When Ann runs into Ted during a Christmas party in 1973, whom does he introduce as his girlfriend? Why is this an interesting fact in terms of the story?
5. Ted is given three months' worth of psychiatric tests. Why does he seem to be confident about the outcome of those tests?
6. When Ted is placed in Pitikin County Jail, he refers to it as a "Mickey Mouse operation". Why does he use this term?
7. How do observers describe the man with whom the two young women (Janice Ott and Denise Naslund) who disappear from Lake Sammamish State Park are each last seen?
8. After the 1974 abductions in Washington and Oregon cease, where do more killings begin to occur? Why?
9. What do Stephanie and Meg have in common?
10. Ann knows that Meg is frightened without Ted. What does Ann do with this knowledge?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)