|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that Ted sees Meg and Ann as what?
(a) Sister substitutes.
(b) Mother substitutes.
(c) Children subsitutes.
(d) Wife substitutes.
2. When Ted returns to study law in Salt Lake City, Utah, his grades are what?
(a) The best the school has seen.
(b) The same as they were before.
(c) The author doesn't say.
(d) Worse than ever.
3. Where is Katherine Murray Devine's body found?
(a) In a car in downtown Olympia, Washington.
(b) A river in Olympia, Washington.
(c) An Olympia, Washington, park.
(d) Buried in the basement of an Olympia, Washington, home.
4. What is a shared characteristic of Ted's early victims?
(a) They look similar to Meg.
(b) They look similar to Stephanie.
(c) They look similar to Ann.
(d) They look similar to his mother.
5. Ted and Stephanie meet at what institute of higher education?
(a) University of Vermont.
(b) Florida State University.
(c) University of Washington.
(d) University of Puget Sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the discovery of Brenda Baker's decomposed body, authorities begin to think...
2. Students on the same campus as missing student Susan Elaine Rancourt report being approached by a man with what particular attribute?
3. All of Ted's early victims wear their hair how?
4. At what local bar is college-student Brenda Carol Ball last seen talking with a handsome man?
5. After escaping from jail, Ted hides in which state?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ann knows that Meg is frightened without Ted. What does Ann do with this knowledge?
2. Linda Ann Healy is a part-time weather forecaster. When she doesn't show up for work and there is no evidence she returned home the previous night, detectives are called into the case. What do they discover?
3. How does Ted manage to escape from the law library in Aspen?
4. What are the three distinct personalities Ann believes Ted possesses?
5. After Ted is released on bail in November of 1975, what does he do?
6. How does the author describe Ted's persona during high school and into his early college years?
7. Ted Bundy is convicted of aggravated kidnapping in early January 1976. He is sent to jail and writes many letters to Ann. What are the themes of most of those letters?
8. Although detectives establish a pattern among the murders and murder/assault victims (e.g., Katherine Merry Devine, Joni Lenz, Linda Ann Healy), they entertain many different theories as to who the killer(s) could be. What are three of their thoughts?
9. Why does Ted's mother move with Ted across the country in 1950 to live in Seattle, Washington?
10. When Ann runs into Ted during a Christmas party in 1973, whom does he introduce as his girlfriend? Why is this an interesting fact in terms of the story?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)