Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first name does Ted use to rent an apartment after he escapes from prison?
2. The abduction and murder of Caryn Campbell in January, 1975, takes place at what Colorado establishment?
(a) The Inn in the Wilderness.
(b) The Wild Duck Inn.
(c) The Inn of the Wilds.
(d) The Wildwood Inn.
3. When Ted calls Ann at the end of 1977 to wish her luck, he acts how?
4. After he is taken into the police station, who identifies Ted in a line-up?
(a) Janice Ott.
(b) Carol DaRonch.
(c) Caryn Campbell.
(d) Meg Anders.
5. All of Ted's early victims wear their hair how?
(a) Long and parted in the middle.
(b) Long and parted on the left side.
(c) Short and spiked.
(d) Short and curly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ann thinks about her dream and what it means. What process does she use to deconstruct it?
2. After Ted is released on bail, he asks Ann to do what?
3. Why can't John Henry Browne defend Ted?
4. After the discovery of Brenda Baker's decomposed body, authorities begin to think...
5. Despite her doubts about him, Meg agrees to do what with Ted in December, 1975?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the 1974 abductions in Washington and Oregon cease, where do more killings begin to occur? Why?
2. During the 1974 crime wave described by the author, all the girls that have gone missing, been attacked, or been found dead have what similar characteristics?
3. Why does Ann believe that Ted could not possibly be involved in the Florida murders despite the fact that they are reminiscent of Ted's past murders?
4. Which supporters of Ted try to provide alibis for him?
5. Describe five aspects of Ted's personality during his trials (as indicated by the author.)
6. Why does the author believe that Ted breaks off his engagement with Stephanie?
7. How does a Seattle-based psychiatrist describe the likely killer of Janice Ott and Denise Naslund?
8. After Ted is released on bail in November of 1975, what does he do?
9. What recreational activities does Ted enjoy after he escapes to Tallahassee? Why are these significant?
10. How does Ted manage to escape from the Garfield County Jail?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)