|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ann thinks about her dream and what it means. What process does she use to deconstruct it?
(a) Psychiatric evaluation.
2. Ted shows no violence toward Ann when she tells him what?
(a) That she can no longer be assured of his innocence.
(b) That she wishes she could live with him.
(c) That she doesn't want to write anymore.
(d) That she hates Meg for turning him in.
3. Ted has an interest in politics. Which party does he join?
(b) He doesn't formally join a party.
4. Ted becomes valued by other prisoners because of his what?
(a) Charming personality.
(b) Legal knowledge.
(c) Relationship to the guards.
(d) Ability to get cigarettes.
5. How do Ted's relatives feel about his arrest?
(a) They do not find out about it because he keeps it from them.
(b) They support him and cannot believe he would be placed in jail.
(c) They are relieved that he has been discovered.
(d) They refuse to say anything to anyone, so no one can be sure.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ted is working at the City of Seattle's Crime Prevention Advisory Commission, what is the Commission studying?
2. Why is Ted placed into solitary confinement?
3. Who is asked to participate in Katherine Murray Devine's murder case?
4. Many witnesses in the vicinities of the murders report seeing what kind of vehicle?
5. Why is the new law that Ted worked on and championed ironic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What items does Meg tell the police that she found in her and Ted's house?
2. Why is Ted put into solitary confinement?
3. During the 1974 crime wave described by the author, all the girls that have gone missing, been attacked, or been found dead have what similar characteristics?
4. Which supporters of Ted try to provide alibis for him?
5. How do observers describe the man with whom the two young women (Janice Ott and Denise Naslund) who disappear from Lake Sammamish State Park are each last seen?
6. Why does Ted believe he is valued among the other prisoners at Utah State Prison?
7. Why is Ted pulled over by a policeman while driving in Salt Lake City? What are the results of this incident?
8. The last time 15-year-old Katherine Merry Devine was seen alive, she was doing what?
9. Linda Ann Healy is a part-time weather forecaster. When she doesn't show up for work and there is no evidence she returned home the previous night, detectives are called into the case. What do they discover?
10. When Ted is placed in Pitikin County Jail, he refers to it as a "Mickey Mouse operation". Why does he use this term?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)