|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of the story, Ann feels that Ted has done what to her?
(a) Manipulated her.
(b) Tried to help her.
(c) Been a great friend to her.
(d) Made her think less of herself.
2. After writing "The Stranger Beside Me", the author has become a what?
(a) Police detective.
(b) Talk radio show host.
3. In 1988, to whom does Ted reveal details of his crimes?
(a) Carol Ann Boone.
(b) Ann Rule.
(c) His mother.
(d) Bob Keppel.
4. After the vicious murders, Ted chats with his neighbors and assures them that what?
(a) He will protect them if the murderer comes again.
(b) They don't need to worry about the murderer because he knows him.
(c) The murderer is probably long gone.
(d) He is the murderer.
5. After Ted's next murder conviction in early 1980, who pleads with the judge to spare Ted's life?
(a) His mother.
6. What happens to Carol in 1982?
(a) She divorced Ted.
(b) She got the judge to let Ted out of prison.
(c) She wrote a book about her life with Ted.
(d) She became pregnant with Ted's child.
7. Why does the author believe Ted's murders in Florida are so vicious?
(a) His pent-up rage and frustration.
(b) He wanted to try something different.
(c) He was in a hurry and got sloppy.
(d) The girls fought back so hard.
8. When Ted deliberately delays his court appearances, he earns himself what?
(a) Contempt of court charges.
(b) More interest from young women.
(c) The love of the media.
(d) Concern from Ann.
9. Judge Edward D. Cowart is known for what?
(a) His strong personality.
(b) His leniancy on criminals.
(c) His love of lawyers.
(d) His sense of humor.
10. The jury deliberates for less than seven hours and finds Ted what?
(a) Not guilty by reason of insanity.
(b) Guilty on all counts of murder and attempted murder.
(c) Guilty on one count of murder and three counts of attempted murder.
(d) Guilty on some counts of murder and attempted murder.
11. After he flees Tallahassee and is apprehended, whom does Ted call at 3:00 a.m.?
(d) His mother.
12. At the beginning of Ted's Florida murder trials, he and his defense team perform how?
(a) They stumble due to lack of experience.
(b) They demolish the prosecution.
(c) They win over the judge almost immediately.
(d) They admit to Ted's guilt.
13. Twelve-year-old Kimberly Diane Leach is last seen with an angry man in what kind of vehicle?
(a) A white Volkswagon bug.
(b) A white van.
(c) A white Cadillac.
(d) A white truck.
14. Ted's Florida trials begin in the middle of what year?
15. Many young women come to Ted's trial in Miami. Why?
(a) They feel he is handsome and fascinating.
(b) They want to write stories about his murders.
(c) They want to see a live murderer.
(d) They want to shout at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sherrod's?
2. After hearing of Ted's arrest, Ann wants to fly to Florida but doesn't. Why not?
3. Ted runs away from Tallahassee to what city?
4. When Ted is picked up by police after running from Tallahassee, he insists his name is what?
5. Ted stays alive because he keeps receiving what?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)