|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ted calls Ann at the end of 1977 to wish her luck, he acts how?
2. What do the authorities do when they hear that Ted could be the perpetrator of the Utah crimes?
(a) They follow up on the lead immediately.
(b) They ignore the lead.
(c) They start shadowing Ted.
(d) They contact Ted and bring him to the police station for questioning.
3. Ann thinks about her dream and what it means. What process does she use to deconstruct it?
(d) Psychiatric evaluation.
4. Whose letters and documents does the author include in this book?
5. What does Ann think her dream is ultimately telling her?
(a) Ted is innocent.
(b) Ted is a monster.
(c) Ted is psychic.
(d) Ted is in love with her.
6. What does the author do today?
(a) Working as a policewoman.
(b) Operating as a psychic detective.
(c) Recording and writing crime stories.
(d) Running a crisis center.
7. How long are Ann and Ted in a romantic relationship?
(a) The author implies it was several years but doesn't give a time.
(b) They were not in a romantic relationship.
(c) Three years.
(d) Almost one year.
8. Ted has an interest in politics. Which party does he join?
(b) He doesn't formally join a party.
9. Why can't John Henry Browne defend Ted?
(a) Ted and John never get the chance to talk.
(b) John is Ted's brother-in-law.
(c) Ted hasn't been charged in Washington.
(d) John believes Ted is guilty.
10. What does Ann think is one of the strongest characteristics that Ted possesses?
(a) The power to receive love.
(b) The power to give back.
(c) The power to manipulate others.
(d) The power to understand anything.
11. Ted continues to defend himself in whose murder?
(a) Jolie Aime.
(b) Julie Cunningham.
(c) Caryn Campbell.
(d) Carol DaRonch.
12. Where does Ann meets Ted in 1973?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a Christmas party.
(c) At a business function.
(d) At a local store.
13. The abduction and murder of Caryn Campbell in January, 1975, takes place at what Colorado establishment?
(a) The Wildwood Inn.
(b) The Inn of the Wilds.
(c) The Inn in the Wilderness.
(d) The Wild Duck Inn.
14. After escaping from jail, Ted hides in which state?
15. Compared to the other prison, Ted describes his new prison in 1977 as what?
(a) An extremely tough prison.
(b) A "Mickey Mouse Operation".
(c) A "mom and pop" shop.
(d) A laid-back place.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Carol DaRonch case, Ted is tried on what charge?
2. What technique does the author use to quickly provide Ted's personal history and situation?
3. Ted finds out the woman he thought was his sister is really his...
4. On July 14, 1974, 23-year-old Janice Ott (who later disappeared) helped a man whom witnesses say introduced himself with what name?
5. Ted shows no violence toward Ann when she tells him what?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)