|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Ted is in prison, Ann sends him money for what?
(a) Books and magazines.
(b) Stamps and cigarettes.
(c) Clothes and shoes.
(d) Toothpaste and soap.
2. The author suggests that Ted sees Meg and Ann as what?
(a) Sister substitutes.
(b) Children subsitutes.
(c) Wife substitutes.
(d) Mother substitutes.
3. Despite her doubts about him, Meg agrees to do what with Ted in December, 1975?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Have a baby with him.
(c) Move in with him.
(d) Find him a job at her company.
4. After visiting Ted during his psychiatric evaluation period, Ann is convinced of what?
(a) The authorities have the wrong man.
(b) The police apprehended the right person.
(c) The man she loves is Ted.
(d) The judge should have sentenced Ted to death.
5. Ted writes to Ann in September and talks about doing what?
(a) Tattooing himself.
(b) Shaving his hair off.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Killing himself.
6. What literary technique does the author use when telling about Ted's life in prison?
(a) Plot twists.
7. How many people does Ann tell Ted that the Seattle police department are investigating for the recent crimes?
8. Where is Katherine Murray Devine's body found?
(a) A river in Olympia, Washington.
(b) In a car in downtown Olympia, Washington.
(c) Buried in the basement of an Olympia, Washington, home.
(d) An Olympia, Washington, park.
9. Ann learns that Carole Ann Boone is who?
(a) Ted's real mother.
(b) Ted's new female companion.
(c) Another one of Ted's victims.
(d) Ted's long-lost sister.
10. After he is taken into the police station, who identifies Ted in a line-up?
(a) Caryn Campbell.
(b) Carol DaRonch.
(c) Janice Ott.
(d) Meg Anders.
11. Ted is arrested in Salt Lake City, Utah, by a patrolman who stops Ted because why?
(a) He is slowly cruising the patrolman's neighborhood.
(b) He gets into an accident and tries to drive away.
(c) He runs a red light.
(d) He is trying to lure girls into his car.
12. When Ted returns home to Seattle for Christmas in 1974, what happens regarding his relationship with Meg?
(a) She accuses him of the abductions and murders.
(b) They reunite.
(c) They decide to move to Florida together.
(d) She tells him she is pregnant.
13. Whom does the author meet at a Crisis Clinic in 1971?
14. Ted's escape adds how many years to his punishment?
(a) 12.5 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 90 years.
15. When she finds out Ted is in prison, Ann is conflicted because why?
(a) She has always been in love with Ted and she doesn't want to believe he's capable of murder.
(b) She is the one who put Ted in prison and she feels very guilty.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to know that she is friends with a potential murderer.
(d) She is contracted to write about the Washington murders but Ted is her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The abduction and murder of Caryn Campbell in January, 1975, takes place at what Colorado establishment?
2. When Ted returns to study law in Salt Lake City, Utah, his grades are what?
3. Katherine Murray Devine, a 15-year-old girl, is last seen in 1973 while doing what activity?
4. At what local bar is college-student Brenda Carol Ball last seen talking with a handsome man?
5. After escaping from jail, Ted hides in which state?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)