|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was this particular speech delivered?
(a) Little Rock, AR.
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) Atlanta, GA.
(d) New York, NY.
2. One idea was to develop a separate _____ office to maintain segregation in public facilities.
(b) Labor relations.
(d) Birth and marriage records.
3. It was said that after the war, people were more interested in the pursuit or prosperity as well as:
4. Who was one of the staunch liberals that permitted a drastic change in the Southern newspapers?
5. What word is used to mean something that is required by law?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Voting Rights Bill pass?
2. It is stated that the American belief in the equality of ______ has never known sectional boundaries.
3. One of the cases that ended the period of this change was Plessy v. _______.
4. What was the name of the agreement reached between the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP and the Atlanta School Board?
5. What is commonly known as the speech given by Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some of the reasons for the group to ease back on their efforts.
2. What became the symbol for white supremacy? How was this symbol often flaunted?
3. Describe the three day siege in New Orleans and why it was an extreme example of white aggression.
4. What happened when the courts finally set up a strict implementation plan? Who was in charge?
5. What violation of civil rights was caused and supported by the regression of blacks?
6. What input did scholars have on racism? What sections of this group were most influential in the opinion?
7. What happened in 1989 regarding the Jim Crow law?
8. What event precipitated the end of public school segregation? In what year did the event take place?
9. What event precipitated the New Reconstruction? How was compliance enforced?
10. What happened that caused the people opposed to segregation to back down?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)