|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The NAACP was working in tandem with which other organization?
(b) Urban League.
2. Which state stepped forward with this particular issue?
(a) South Carolina.
3. At what college/university was there a racial riot when a black female was enrolled in classes?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) Nashville College of the Arts.
(c) Wake Forest.
(d) University of South Carolina.
4. Many people compared the South to the politics of what other country?
(a) South Africa.
5. Segregation was referred to as being what kind of idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of the National Urban League?
2. Which group of people claimed that segregation was not the issue?
3. These communities cropped up despite the lack of which of the following?
4. What word/phrase was used by Virginia Dabney in reference to a group of white troublemakers?
5. Which states were the first to wane in their support of the cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is considered to be the key year in the Civil Rights Movement? What non-violent protest action came into popularity?
2. What violation of civil rights was caused and supported by the regression of blacks?
3. What common enemy helped to ease racial tensions? What was the common goal? Who supported the goal?
4. What major action taken in Arkansas caused a national uproar? What happened as a result of the actions?
5. How did the Jim Crow laws change beginning in 1920?
6. What was the message given to the Negroes from white industrialists? How did it affect nationwide racism?
7. The satire that appeared in the press may have been a portent of things to come. Explain.
8. What was a major missing element in the battle for Progressive reform?
9. Name some of the reasons for the group to ease back on their efforts.
10. What group of states announced that it would integrate their schools? What was the opinion of the school systems in the Deep South regarding the time line?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)