|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men involved in scientific pursuits are often referred to as "men of _____ and science."
2. In what year were the Slaughter House Cases tried?
3. People were careful to note the impact of the post-war struggle between democracy and _______.
4. It is stated that the American belief in the equality of ______ has never known sectional boundaries.
(a) Notherners and Southerners.
5. Which group of people claimed that segregation was not the issue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the artistic resurgence that took place in the 1920s and 1930s?
2. What type of reconciliation was most important if the country was going to be able to move forward?
3. One idea was to develop a separate _____ office to maintain segregation in public facilities.
4. The other famous case mentioned during this time was Williams against an American state. What state was it?
5. What law officially "killed" Jim Crow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major action taken in Arkansas caused a national uproar? What happened as a result of the actions?
2. What was believed to be the cause of the Second Reconstruction?
3. What group of states announced that it would integrate their schools? What was the opinion of the school systems in the Deep South regarding the time line?
4. What input did scholars have on racism? What sections of this group were most influential in the opinion?
5. What was a major missing element in the battle for Progressive reform?
6. Resistance toward integration in Southern schools began to wane after what event? Which states refused to follow suit?
7. What happened in the 1920s that further suppressed racial equality? What group gained immense power at this time?
8. The satire that appeared in the press may have been a portent of things to come. Explain.
9. What happened to many of the people that did not go to fight in World War I?
10. What event followed the murder of the four young girls in a black church?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)