|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blacks were allowed to be an integrated part of the crowds on "common carriers." Which of the following is not a common carrier mentioned in the book?
2. What term was used to describe former slaves?
(d) Crow's people.
3. From which state did the court case originate?
4. What was the name of the policy that stated that slave owners should remain in charge because they knew best?
5. What was another name for the outdated laws that pigeon-holed blacks?
(a) Plantation laws.
(b) Jim Crow.
(c) Slavery Act of 1861.
Short Answer Questions
1. The change in the Constitution and the new order is often referred to as:
2. It is not yet known how ______ will eventually view these drastic changes in the system.
3. Which of the following walked out following the new federal mandates?
4. In what year was "The Silent South" published?
5. In what year was a decision made regarding the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least one of the reasons the whites wanted to press the issue of blacks being an inferior race.
2. In 1877, a major historical event occurred. What was the event and what did it mean in relation to the Reconstruction?
3. What phenomena emerged that may have caused the end of the alliance between blacks and conservative whites?
4. What event(s) caused the federal government to take less interest in civil rights activities?
5. Despite the relationships that may have developed in this setting, one should never assume that it would affect what part of the relationship?
6. What threatened the main order of the way things were in the south? What court case was seen as a landmark case in regards to segregation?
7. Describe what it was like in regards to racial separation in the Antebellum South, particularly in the cities.
8. Despite the advances made in race relationships since the end of the Civil War, the battle between the North and South still carries some weight. Discuss this concept and why it is still a popular issue.
9. While some locales seemed to have some improvement regarding segregation, there were other places where other phenomena were appearing. Explain.
10. Discuss why city life in the Antebellum South was not really amenable to slavery and segregation. How was city life affected?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)