|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was referred to as being one of the most brilliant speakers of the 1960s?
(b) Malcolm X.
2. One of the cases that ended the period of this change was Plessy v. _______.
3. What two states were controlled by members of the KKK at this time?
(a) Arkansas and Virginia.
(b) South Carolina and Georgia.
(c) Oklahoma and Texas.
(d) Alabama and Louisiana.
4. The segregation issue also caused another issue, this time regarding a student's _____.
(c) Economic status.
(d) Level of education.
5. The main conflict regarding the case and the Supreme Court decision originated in which city?
(b) Fort Worth.
(d) Little Rock.
6. How many Negro towns were formulated as a result of community restrictions?
7. New Orleans was a unique city in the South. The author refers to it as being which type of city?
(c) Color blind.
8. What word is used to mean something that is required by law?
9. Southern Progressives are credited with helping to elect _____ as President of the US.
10. There was fear that if integration was wholly successful, blacks may give up distinctions they abhorred but they would also give up distinctions they ____.
11. In what year was there a struggle in regards to a Southern state and the Jim Crow law?
12. How many cases eventually backed up, forcing the Supreme Court to step in?
13. What was the name of the governor that violated the federal mandate to allow integration in the school?
14. In what decade did the Ku Klux Klan reach the height of its power?
15. What word was used to describe the comments and promises made by both political parties during the 1956 conventions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of people claimed that segregation was not the issue?
2. Who was president at the time of the event?
3. What was the name of the landmark legislation put into effect by the president?
4. Which state stepped forward with this particular issue?
5. What is commonly known as the speech given by Martin Luther King, Jr.?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)