|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men involved in scientific pursuits are often referred to as "men of _____ and science."
2. It was said that after the war, people were more interested in the pursuit or prosperity as well as:
3. How many years did it take for the Supreme Court to strictly enforce the Brown decision?
4. In 1906, this city in Georgia was under siege with many people being murdered and lynched.
5. It is stated that the American belief in the equality of ______ has never known sectional boundaries.
(c) Notherners and Southerners.
6. Another powerful force mentioned by the author was a movement involving black churches. What term is used to describe the movement?
(a) Social gospel.
(b) Evangelist Expansion.
(c) Religious Movement.
(d) Preachers Progress.
7. Who was the president of the Atlanta School Board in 1970?
8. What war seemed to change things for the better, even if only for a short time?
(b) Civil War.
(c) Spanish-American War.
9. Which states were the first to wane in their support of the cause?
10. What was the name of the artistic resurgence that took place in the 1920s and 1930s?
(a) Voices for Freedom.
(b) Harlem Renaissance.
(c) Southern Writers Group.
(d) African-American Experience.
11. Which president was responsible for eliminating discrimination for federal employees?
12. People were careful to note the impact of the post-war struggle between democracy and _______.
13. In what year were the Slaughter House Cases tried?
14. According to this group, people tended to separate to fall back on their own:
15. At what college/university was there a racial riot when a black female was enrolled in classes?
(a) Wake Forest.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Nashville College of the Arts.
(d) University of South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. An attempt was made to save the Supreme Court from having to try cases involving the school integration plan. Who was charged with handling the court cases?
2. What might happen if someone dared to challenge Southern segregation?
3. Southern Progressives are credited with helping to elect _____ as President of the US.
4. Historians and sociologists find that certain things were hard to measure. What were those things?
5. What group referred to itself as being the last civil rights group to believe in integration?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)