|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which president signed the Voting Rights Bill into law?
2. Which is not mentioned in the list of things blacks are still being denied?
(c) Right to vote.
(d) Income equality.
3. In what year was the NAACP founded?
4. What word was used to describe the comments and promises made by both political parties during the 1956 conventions?
5. Southern Progressives are credited with helping to elect _____ as President of the US.
6. In what year did the Voting Rights Bill pass?
7. An attempt was made to save the Supreme Court from having to try cases involving the school integration plan. Who was charged with handling the court cases?
(a) State Supreme Court.
(b) County Court.
(c) Federal District Court.
(d) Local Magistrate.
8. People were careful to note the impact of the post-war struggle between democracy and _______.
9. What group referred to itself as being the last civil rights group to believe in integration?
10. Another powerful force mentioned by the author was a movement involving black churches. What term is used to describe the movement?
(a) Social gospel.
(b) Preachers Progress.
(c) Evangelist Expansion.
(d) Religious Movement.
11. The other famous case mentioned during this time was Williams against an American state. What state was it?
12. In the late 1800s, the US launched a(n) _______ campaign in the Caribbean and Pacific.
13. How many cases eventually backed up, forcing the Supreme Court to step in?
14. Which state stepped forward with this particular issue?
(c) South Carolina.
15. Despite their actions, _________ were still surpassed in their efforts by black integrationists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law officially "killed" Jim Crow?
2. One idea was to develop a separate _____ office to maintain segregation in public facilities.
3. What war seemed to change things for the better, even if only for a short time?
4. It was said that after the war, people were more interested in the pursuit or prosperity as well as:
5. What devastating period in history also assisted in easing racial tensions?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)