|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the coastal states did blacks continue to hold political or public office?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
2. The next phase was not governed by federal law. It was governed by which of the following?
(a) Political conservatives.
(b) Religious preference.
(c) Military force.
(d) Socio-economic progression.
3. What is the word that best describes the members of the Republican party that pushed for total integration?
(d) Right Wing.
4. What caused the biggest conflict between the beliefs of that particular culture and the culture of the blacks?
(a) Civil Rights.
5. In regards to legal proceedings, what was a black barred from doing in the court room?
(a) Being a juror.
(b) Becoming a lawyer.
(c) Working as a court official.
(d) Testifying in any case.
6. What was the name of the man that began his career during this time?
7. What is the term used for a society in which the people of highest rank are the ones in charge?
(b) Savoir faire.
(c) Noblesse Oblige.
8. In what month did the Brown case come to an end?
9. What is the word used for the action of engaging blacks into society as equals?
10. Which of the following may not be to blame for the continuance of the attitudes of the people regarding slavery?
(a) Attitude of northerners.
(b) Apparent permanent status.
(c) Resignation of blacks.
(d) Rally of plantation owners.
11. What is the name of the principle that ended in an unstable alliance?
12. Racial equality was said to be one of the main goals during which time?
13. What was not started in the south as it is commonly believed?
(b) Civil rights.
14. What term was used to describe former slaves?
(a) Crow's people.
15. In the late 1800s blacks were accepted, or at least tolerated, where?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did this event take place?
2. Which segment of the Southern population believed in a societal hierarchy regarding the blacks?
3. What item was often provided to slaves, much to the surprise of the current white population?
4. What word best describes how the liberals felt about that particular policy?
5. Surprisingly, which famous figure supported keeping races separate?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)