|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Racial equality was said to be one of the main goals during which time?
2. Which of the following was not part of the fourth segment?
(a) Demise of Jim Crow.
(b) Action by civil rights leaders.
(c) New federal support.
(d) Birth of Martin Luther King.
3. Who is the author of "The Silent South?"
4. What was never even considered between slaves and land owners?
(a) Another way of life.
(b) Permitting freedom.
(c) Racial equality.
(d) Sharing crops.
5. What was one of the things a freedman might do after leaving the plantation where he lived?
(a) Travel west to Goldrush country.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Become a sharecropper.
(d) Purchase a small tract of land from former owner.
6. What is still the most prevalent issue between blacks and other ethnicities in the US?
(a) Civil rights.
(c) Civil War.
(d) Labor Union.
7. In what month did the Brown case come to an end?
8. The phrase came from a book written by which author?
9. What was another name for the outdated laws that pigeon-holed blacks?
(a) Slavery Act of 1861.
(b) Jim Crow.
(d) Plantation laws.
10. What major historical event took place in the 1870s?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Great Compromise.
(c) Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) Gettysburg Address.
11. According to the author, only a small percentage of ______ has escaped attack.
(a) Northern laws.
(b) Underground railroad.
(d) Segregation code.
12. Which of the following may not be to blame for the continuance of the attitudes of the people regarding slavery?
(a) Rally of plantation owners.
(b) Resignation of blacks.
(c) Apparent permanent status.
(d) Attitude of northerners.
13. Which of the following is not on the list of phenomena that began to appear in the late 1800s?
14. What caused the biggest conflict between the beliefs of that particular culture and the culture of the blacks?
(b) Civil Rights.
15. What public meeting place was one of the most affected by segregation after the slaves were freed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the principle that ended in an unstable alliance?
2. The quote provided in the introduction discusses where the Jim Crow System was effective. Which is not mentioned in the quote?
3. What item was often provided to slaves, much to the surprise of the current white population?
4. What word best describes how the liberals felt about that particular policy?
5. What is it called when a prevalent body or thought rules the land?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)