|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The change in the Constitution and the new order is often referred to as:
(a) A mistake.
2. What word best describes the existing laws regarding the rights of black?
3. In what year was "The Silent South" published?
4. Uncle ____ was a term often used to describe Negroes.
5. Which of the following walked out following the new federal mandates?
(a) Local government officials.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Federal troops.
(d) State government officials.
6. From which state did the court case originate?
7. The conservative position grew out of what type of relationship?
8. Which is not one of the places listed as a location where southern blacks and whites might co-mingle?
(a) Religious meetings.
(c) Mixed balls.
(d) Grog Shops.
9. What aspect of Southern history involves plantations and slaves?
(a) Popular South.
(b) Old South.
(c) Confederate South.
(d) Historical South.
10. What was another term for the walled compounds where blacks worked as slaves?
(c) Restricted areas.
11. How many Northern states allowed black men to vote at this time?
12. What was in steady decline between 1820 and 1860?
(a) Religious freedom.
(b) City life.
(c) Underground railroad.
13. Which of the following is not on the list of phenomena that began to appear in the late 1800s?
14. What was a common name often used to disparage whites?
15. What is the name of the principle that ended in an unstable alliance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous court case was monumental in changing laws and views regarding segregation?
2. In what year did the approval for voting appear?
3. In what year was a decision made regarding the case?
4. What is the word that best describes the members of the Republican party that pushed for total integration?
5. The level of tolerance regarding racial equality was directly related to which of the following?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)