|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the existing laws regarding the rights of black?
2. Which of the following walked out following the new federal mandates?
(a) Federal troops.
(b) State government officials.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Local government officials.
3. In regards to legal proceedings, what was a black barred from doing in the court room?
(a) Working as a court official.
(b) Becoming a lawyer.
(c) Testifying in any case.
(d) Being a juror.
4. What was the name of the man that began his career during this time?
5. Which of the following groups were not required to follow the new segregation laws?
(d) Labor unions.
6. A small minority of domestic slaves developed what with their masters?
(c) Intimate relationships.
7. The change of laws in the south may be attributed to various actions often referred to as:
8. What caused the biggest conflict between the beliefs of that particular culture and the culture of the blacks?
(b) Civil Rights.
9. The level of tolerance regarding racial equality was directly related to which of the following?
(a) Political affiliation.
(b) Relation to Mason-Dixon line.
10. It is not yet known how ______ will eventually view these drastic changes in the system.
11. What word best describes how the liberals felt about that particular policy?
12. What is still the most prevalent issue between blacks and other ethnicities in the US?
(b) Labor Union.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) Civil War.
13. From which state did the court case originate?
14. Who is the author of "Prosperity of the South Dependent Upon the Elevation of the Negro?"
15. What item was often provided to slaves, much to the surprise of the current white population?
(c) Medical care.
(d) Property ownership..
Short Answer Questions
1. The Northerners often ignored what part of their cities?
2. What was never even considered between slaves and land owners?
3. How many Northern states allowed black men to vote at this time?
4. The next phase was not governed by federal law. It was governed by which of the following?
5. What trait did both the Democrat and Republican parties share at the time?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)