|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Declining Years of Jim Crow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many segments can Southern history be divided into?
2. What might happen if someone dared to challenge Southern segregation?
(a) Civil War.
3. In regards to legal proceedings, what was a black barred from doing in the court room?
(a) Becoming a lawyer.
(b) Being a juror.
(c) Testifying in any case.
(d) Working as a court official.
4. Northern blacks, unlike Southern blacks were considered to be free but were not permitted to have a particular status. What was it?
5. It is stated that the American belief in the equality of ______ has never known sectional boundaries.
(c) Notherners and Southerners.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did the renaissance begin?
2. What was the name of the city that burned?
3. What is the word used for the action of engaging blacks into society as equals?
4. What was another name for the outdated laws that pigeon-holed blacks?
5. What term was used to describe former slaves?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)