|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Declining Years of Jim Crow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the National Urban League?
2. What part of the south was known to have hundreds of thousands of free blacks?
(a) Pre World War I.
(b) Crow South.
3. Which of the following walked out following the new federal mandates?
(a) Local government officials.
(b) Federal troops.
(c) State government officials.
(d) Vice President.
4. In what year was the book published?
5. In what decade did the Ku Klux Klan reach the height of its power?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Civil Rights Act made into law?
2. What is the name of the principle that ended in an unstable alliance?
3. Who is the author of "Prosperity of the South Dependent Upon the Elevation of the Negro?"
4. What might happen if someone dared to challenge Southern segregation?
5. What is a word used by the author that means the same as "to be cast out?"
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)