|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Declining Years of Jim Crow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was responsible for assisting the schools and other organizations adapt to the new laws?
(a) Walk outs.
(b) Actions of federal agencies.
(d) Threatening actions.
2. What was the name of the school in Little Rock that faced racial violence when it attempted to integrate black students?
(a) Central High School.
(b) Wilfred Academy.
(c) Little Rock Secondary.
(d) Reynolds High School.
3. How many years did it take for the Supreme Court to strictly enforce the Brown decision?
4. In what year was there a struggle in regards to a Southern state and the Jim Crow law?
5. Which is not one of the places listed as a location where southern blacks and whites might co-mingle?
(a) Religious meetings.
(b) Grog Shops.
(d) Mixed balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite New Orleans' reputation and policies _____ days of violence broke out in the city due to racial issues.
2. What was the name of the artistic resurgence that took place in the 1920s and 1930s?
3. What is the name for the restrictive foreign politics?
4. New Orleans was a unique city in the South. The author refers to it as being which type of city?
5. Racial equality was said to be one of the main goals during which time?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)