|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the existing laws regarding the rights of black?
2. At the turn of the century, blacks were placed where on the rungs of society?
(a) Top third.
(c) Bottom half.
3. What aspect of Southern history involves plantations and slaves?
(a) Popular South.
(b) Old South.
(c) Historical South.
(d) Confederate South.
4. What term was used to describe former slaves?
(d) Crow's people.
5. The great historical event was thought to have caused the end of an important time period. What was it called?
(b) Civil Rights movement.
(c) Great Compromise.
(d) Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which state did the court case originate?
2. The quote provided in the introduction discusses where the Jim Crow System was effective. Which is not mentioned in the quote?
3. In what month did the Brown case come to an end?
4. Which of the following groups were not required to follow the new segregation laws?
5. What famous court case was monumental in changing laws and views regarding segregation?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)