|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man on the Cliff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which states seemed to have the most tolerance for desegregation?
2. Which states were the first to wane in their support of the cause?
3. In how many cities did race riots occur after the return of white soldiers?
4. What was a common name often used to disparage whites?
5. At its peak, how many members belonged to the white supremacy organization?
(a) 3.5 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 8 million.
(d) 2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a word used by the author that means the same as "to be cast out?"
2. What type of behavior would most likely be used to ensure segregation?
3. The change in the Constitution and the new order is often referred to as:
4. What was the term used to define government officials put in charge of the new laws regarding former slaves?
5. What type of reconciliation was most important if the country was going to be able to move forward?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)