|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man on the Cliff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The level of tolerance regarding racial equality was directly related to which of the following?
(c) Political affiliation.
(d) Relation to Mason-Dixon line.
2. Which of the following was not part of the fourth segment?
(a) New federal support.
(b) Demise of Jim Crow.
(c) Birth of Martin Luther King.
(d) Action by civil rights leaders.
3. The conservative position grew out of what type of relationship?
4. At the turn of the century, blacks were placed where on the rungs of society?
(a) Top third.
(c) Bottom half.
5. What war seemed to change things for the better, even if only for a short time?
(a) Spanish-American War.
(d) Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was most likely the glaring exception in regards to segregation in this era?
2. What major historical event took place in the 1870s?
3. Many people compared the South to the politics of what other country?
4. Which president was responsible for eliminating discrimination for federal employees?
5. In what year did this event take place?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)