|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man on the Cliff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The conservative position grew out of what type of relationship?
2. Blacks were allowed to be an integrated part of the crowds on "common carriers." Which of the following is not a common carrier mentioned in the book?
3. These communities cropped up despite the lack of which of the following?
4. What is it called when a prevalent body or thought rules the land?
5. What devastating period in history also assisted in easing racial tensions?
(a) Great Depression.
(c) Presidential assassination.
(d) Stock Market Crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historians and sociologists find that certain things were hard to measure. What were those things?
2. Men involved in scientific pursuits are often referred to as "men of _____ and science."
3. Many blacks withdrew from various parts of society for a number of reasons. Which is not mentioned in the text?
4. What public meeting place was one of the most affected by segregation after the slaves were freed?
5. What term was used to describe former slaves?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)