|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Of Old Regimes and Reconstruction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Southern history involves plantations and slaves?
(a) Popular South.
(b) Historical South.
(c) Confederate South.
(d) Old South.
2. What word was often used to describe the status of a black person, whether or not he was free?
3. What word is best used to describe the pre-war south?
4. What trait did both the Democrat and Republican parties share at the time?
(a) Work toward desegregation.
(b) Belief in white supremacy.
(c) Uniting North and South.
(d) Fending off foreign enemies.
5. The change in the Constitution and the new order is often referred to as:
(a) A mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was often provided to slaves, much to the surprise of the current white population?
2. In what month did the Brown case come to an end?
3. What was one of the things a freedman might do after leaving the plantation where he lived?
4. What was the name of the man that began his career during this time?
5. What segment of the changes that took place in the South lasted the longest?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)