|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man on the Cliff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war seemed to change things for the better, even if only for a short time?
(b) Spanish-American War.
(c) Civil War.
2. Who was president at the time of the event?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) James Buchanan.
(d) Zachary Taylor.
3. Which is not one of the places listed as a location where southern blacks and whites might co-mingle?
(a) Mixed balls.
(b) Grog Shops.
(d) Religious meetings.
4. What culture had and has a belief that it is superior to the black culture?
5. What was another term for the walled compounds where blacks worked as slaves?
(b) Restricted areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the south was known to have hundreds of thousands of free blacks?
2. What is the word that best describes the members of the Republican party that pushed for total integration?
3. In the late 1800s, the US launched a(n) _______ campaign in the Caribbean and Pacific.
4. What is the word used to describe people who disliked or were afraid of the Negroes?
5. What was in steady decline between 1820 and 1860?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)