|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man on the Cliff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the NAACP founded?
2. People were careful to note the impact of the post-war struggle between democracy and _______.
3. What is the term used for a society in which the people of highest rank are the ones in charge?
(a) Savoir faire.
(b) Noblesse Oblige.
4. In which of the coastal states did blacks continue to hold political or public office?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
5. What was one of the things a freedman might do after leaving the plantation where he lived?
(a) Become a sharecropper.
(b) Move to Canada.
(c) Travel west to Goldrush country.
(d) Purchase a small tract of land from former owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word used for the action of engaging blacks into society as equals?
2. The appointment of a(n) _________ in South Carolina fueled even more racial violence.
3. The conservative position grew out of what type of relationship?
4. What culture had and has a belief that it is superior to the black culture?
5. In how many cities did race riots occur after the return of white soldiers?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)