|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man on the Cliff.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Northern states allowed black men to vote at this time?
2. What formal document is said to have officially abolished slavery?
(a) Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) Treaty of Lee and Grant.
(d) Gettysburg Address.
3. In what decade did the Ku Klux Klan reach the height of its power?
4. In which state did the renaissance begin?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
5. Northern blacks, unlike Southern blacks were considered to be free but were not permitted to have a particular status. What was it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the artistic resurgence that took place in the 1920s and 1930s?
2. Many groups of blacks pushed to be able to have equal use of which of the following?
3. In 1906, this city in Georgia was under siege with many people being murdered and lynched.
4. What is still the most prevalent issue between blacks and other ethnicities in the US?
5. In what year did this event take place?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)