|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that Emilienne has passed away in Chapter 26?
2. What is the journal entry dated that concludes Chapter 15?
3. What does Viviane recall Jack giving her as a gift before leaving for college in Chapter 14?
4. How many months has it been since the Summer Solstice when Ava is brought home from the hospital in Chapter 25?
5. Rowe Cooper works as a delivery truck driver for what business in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Emilienne’s behavior described in the beginning of Chapter 21? What has influenced her change in behavior?
2. How do Ava and Cardigan go about preparing for the Summer Solstice festival in Chapter 19?
3. How does Ava describe the after-story of Marigold Pie in Chapter 26? Where did Marigold Pie go?
4. How does Ava feel when she sees Rowe returning home in Chapter 26? What does Fatima’s ghost say to Ava before departing?
5. What incident occurs between Ava and Nathaniel Sorrows in Chapter 17?
6. What project do Gabe and Henry begin working on together in Chapter 14?
7. What discoveries does Viviane make when she goes to retrieve Henry in Chapter 22?
8. Who calls Viviane regarding Henry’s disappearance in Chapter 20? Where is Ava at this time?
9. What is the first “clue” that Emilienne deciphers when she arrives at the home of Marigold Pie in Chapter 24?
10. How has Gabe’s behavior changed in the beginning of Chapter 18? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Ava Lavender as the protagonist and narrator of the novel. How would you describe Ava’s personality as a child? How are Ava’s wings described? What size and color are her wings? How does Ava’s character evolve in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Cardigan Cooper in the novel. How old is Cardigan when she and Ava first become best friends? How does Cardigan view Ava’s wings? How does their friendship evolve as the girls grow older?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the causes, diagnosis, symptoms, and treatment for autism spectrum disorder. When do children with autism begin to exhibit signs of the disorder? How does autism affect speech and communication skills? In what ways are Henry’s behaviors in the novel exhibitive of autism spectrum disorder?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)