|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose address does Emilienne give to the police when she calls in Chapter 23?
(a) Marigold Pie’s
(b) Laura Lovelorn’s
(c) John Griffith’s
(d) Constance Quakenbush’s
2. What is Cardigan’s response when Ava asks her in the opening of Chapter 16, “What’s his name?”
(a) Barnaby Callahoo
(b) Jeremiah Flannery
(c) William Peyton
(d) Nathaniel Sorrows
3. Whose ghost relates “the terrible truth” to Emilienne in Chapter 23?
4. Who asks Ava on the rooftop in Chapter 26, “It is all right, now? Yes?”
5. Who is hired to replace Emilienne at the bakery in Chapter 25?
(d) Beatrix Griffith
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry’s response when Viviane asks him in the truck in Chapter 22, “Are you okay?”
2. What does Cardigan wear as a costume to attend the Solstice Festival in Chapter 19?
3. Where is the giant bonfire held every year at the Solstice Festival at Pinnacle Lane?
4. How does Jack contact Viviane to say he’s found her son in the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. Who is the first person to discover Ava’s injured body in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nathaniel Sorrows’s attack on Ava described in Chapter 23? How is Ava harmed in the attack?
2. How has Gabe’s behavior changed in the beginning of Chapter 18? Why?
3. How does Emilienne get home from the bakery in Chapter 21? What conversation takes place during this journey?
4. What does Ava discover when she attempts to flee the home of Marigold Pie in Chapter 23?
5. What leads Emilienne to call the police in Chapter 23? Where does she send the police when she calls?
6. What is described in the diary entry that concludes Chapter 15? Who wrote this excerpt?
7. How is Ava greeted when she is led into the home of Marigold Pie in Chapter 23?
8. How does Henry respond when Viviane asks him if he is ok in the truck in Chapter 22?
9. How is Emilienne’s dream described in the beginning of Chapter 26? Who appears in her dream?
10. How does Ava respond to the disbelief of the teenagers at the reservoir in Chapter 15?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)