|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Emilienne’s dream in the beginning of Chapter 26, she is transported back to what location?
(b) New York
2. The narrator says in Chapter 19 that in “ancient Gaul the midsummer celebration was called” what?
(a) The Feast of Epona
(c) All Couples’ Day
(d) Gathering Day
3. How old is Rowe Cooper said to be in the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Who sends daily letters to Ava while she remains recuperating at home in Chapter 25?
5. Who says in Emilienne’s dream in the beginning of Chapter 26, “We’ve been waiting for you. None of us can remember how to play bezique”?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ava attempts to find an exit to Marigold Pie’s home, she enters a room filled with what dead animals in Chapter 23?
2. What does Ava wear over her wings to hide them when she sneaks out of the house in Chapter 15?
3. What kind of hat is Emilienne wearing in her dream in the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. Ava sneaks out of her house at night to go where with Cardigan and Rowe in Chapter 15?
5. What does Emilienne do for the first time in over thirty years when leaving the bakery in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene does Ava describe Jack Griffith seeing from his balcony in Chapter 27?
2. How does Ava feel when she sees Rowe returning home in Chapter 26? What does Fatima’s ghost say to Ava before departing?
3. How does Ava come to discover her grandmother’s death in Chapter 26? What does Ava do next?
4. How is Ava greeted when she is led into the home of Marigold Pie in Chapter 23?
5. Who calls Viviane regarding Henry’s disappearance in Chapter 20? Where is Ava at this time?
6. What leads Emilienne to call the police in Chapter 23? Where does she send the police when she calls?
7. How is the new home of Jack Griffith described in the beginning of Chapter 27?
8. What project do Gabe and Henry begin working on together in Chapter 14?
9. How does Emilienne get home from the bakery in Chapter 21? What conversation takes place during this journey?
10. What do Gabe and Viviane argue about in Chapter 16? How does Ava respond to the argument?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)