|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the midsummer festival called in Wales, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
(a) All Couples’ Day
(c) The Feast of Epona
(d) Gathering Day
2. What does Ava wear over her wings to hide them when she sneaks out of the house in Chapter 15?
(a) A red overcoat
(b) A black overcoat
(c) A green cloak
(d) A blue cape
3. What impairment does Rowe Cooper suffer from in the novel?
(a) He stutters
(b) He is epileptic
(c) He is deaf
(d) He is asthmatic
4. What is the date of the journal entry that concludes Chapter 17?
(a) May 15, 1959
(b) May 26, 1959
(c) March 1, 1904
(d) September 12, 1955
5. How many months has it been since the Summer Solstice when Ava is brought home from the hospital in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose apparitions attack and ultimately destroy Nathaniel Sorrows in Chapter 24?
2. What does Viviane note that there are none of in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
3. The house that Jack Griffith has bought in Chapter 27 is the lithe white house that once belonged to whom?
4. What is the date of the diary entry that concludes Chapter 18?
5. Where does the apparition lead Ava during her feverish fit in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emilienne get home from the bakery in Chapter 21? What conversation takes place during this journey?
2. What discoveries does Viviane make when she goes to retrieve Henry in Chapter 22?
3. What incident occurs between Ava and Nathaniel Sorrows in Chapter 17?
4. How does Ava respond to the disbelief of the teenagers at the reservoir in Chapter 15?
5. How has Gabe’s behavior changed in the beginning of Chapter 18? Why?
6. How do Ava and Cardigan go about preparing for the Summer Solstice festival in Chapter 19?
7. What is the first “clue” that Emilienne deciphers when she arrives at the home of Marigold Pie in Chapter 24?
8. How does Ava describe the after-story of Marigold Pie in Chapter 26? Where did Marigold Pie go?
9. How is Emilienne’s behavior described in the beginning of Chapter 21? What has influenced her change in behavior?
10. What takes place when Viviane encounters Nathaniel Sorrows in the road in Chapter 24?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)