|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emilienne says in her dream in Chapter 26 that you cannot play bezique with how many players?
2. In the novel’s Prologue, the narrator states, “to many, I was myth incarnate, the embodiment of a most superb legend, a fairy tale. Some considered me a monster, a mutation. To my great misfortune, I was once mistaken for” what?
(a) A goddess
(b) An angel
(c) A bird
(d) A woman
3. What does Viviane note that there are none of in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
(c) Kitchen appliances
(d) Family photos
4. What does Ava say Marigold Pie did after awakening from her drugged state in Chapter 26?
(a) She became a nurse
(b) She became a baker
(c) She became a dietitian
(d) She joined a circus
5. In the opening of Chapter 12, the narrator says, “Those born under Pacific Northwest skies are like” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What abnormality does Ava describe herself as having been born with in the narrative?
2. What is the name of Jack Griffith’s maid in Chapter 22?
3. Who asks Viviane what she’s going to do now that Jack is marrying someone else in Chapter 8?
4. The yearly celebrations for Fatima Ines de Dores’s birthday at Pinnacle Lane fall on what holiday?
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 26, “No one had occupied the third floor of our house since the days of” whom?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)