|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Cardigan dye Ava’s hair in Chapter 19?
2. What is the midsummer festival called in Wales, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
(a) All Couples’ Day
(b) The Feast of Epona
(d) Gathering Day
3. What does Wilhelmina leave in the place of the loaf of bread she takes from the bakery when she first visits in Chapter 3?
(a) A cup of coffee
(b) A cedar basket
(c) A potato
(d) A shell bracelet
4. Who encounters Ava out on the street as she wanders in a feverish fit and leads her home in Chapter 17?
5. What is Mr. Cooper’s first name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gabe live with his mother when he was a child, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
2. Who shoots and kills Rene Roux in Chapter 1?
3. How old is Gabe when his mother is killed in Chapter 7?
4. Throughout the novel, Ava Lavender expresses her concerns and obsessions with what concept and its role in her life?
5. When Viviane suffers from particularly bad bouts of insomnia, she drinks tea made from the crushed leaves of what flowers, according to the narrator in Chapter 16?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)