|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, Gabe begins taking work in other neighborhoods and asks out a waitress from what location?
(a) Oxford, Mississippi
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas
(c) Bremen, Maine
(d) New York, New York
2. How does Cardigan reach Ava’s window in Chapter 15?
(a) By pole-vaulting
(b) By using a ladder
(c) By climbing a cherry tree
(d) By climbing the roof
3. Rowe has received a full scholarship to what college in Chapter 15?
(a) Harvard College
(b) Berkeley College
(c) Boston University
4. What is the name of Emilienne Roux’s father?
(a) Beauregard Roux
(b) Jack Roux
(c) Henry Roux
(d) Rowe Roux
5. In what year does the Cooper family move next-door to the Lavenders in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the midsummer festival called in Wales, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
2. What is the journal entry dated that concludes Chapter 15?
3. Who is described in Chapter 13 as Cardigan’s “latest acquisition”?
4. What “mule-headed” Shakespearean character is described in Chapter 19 as “stumbling from tents of sheer turquoise and white”?
5. What is Mrs. Cooper’s first name in the novel?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)