|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Latin word for “feather” that Henry uses to refer to Ava in the novel?
2. Whom has Jack become engaged to in Chapter 8?
(a) Constance Quakenbush
(b) Laura Lovelorn
(c) Beatrix Griffith
(d) Sarah Callahoo
3. Where did Gabe live with his mother when he was a child, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
(a) Sacramento, California
(b) San Francisco, California
(c) Brooklyn, New York
(d) Los Angeles, California
4. The behavioral traits that are exhibited by Henry Lavender in the novel suggest that he might suffer from what condition?
(b) Chronic asthma
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia
(d) Autism spectrum disorder
5. Who works diligently on converting the spare bedroom into a nursery at the house on Pinnacle Lane in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What “mule-headed” Shakespearean character is described in Chapter 19 as “stumbling from tents of sheer turquoise and white”?
2. How old is Gabe when he lies about his age to enlist in the military?
3. What is the occupation of Emilienne Roux’s father?
4. Where does Viviane apply for a position as a stewardess in Chapter 8?
5. What flower is said to be “the symbol for unrequited love” in Chapter 16?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)