|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender related?
2. How many times does the narrator say Emilienne Roux fell in love before her nineteenth birthday in Chapter 1?
3. To what Native American tribe does Wilhelmina belong?
(a) The Suquamish tribe
(b) The Cherokee tribe
(c) The Yurok tribe
(d) The Winnemem tribe
4. Who asks Viviane what she’s going to do now that Jack is marrying someone else in Chapter 8?
(a) Beatrix Griffith
(b) Sarah Callahoo
(c) Constance Quakenbush
(d) Laura Lovelorn
5. It is January of what year when the narrator describes a new movie theater opening in West Seattle in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the community of Pinnacle Lane, Emilienne is perceived by her neighbors to be what during her first year there?
2. How many months has it been since Viviane has heard from Jack in the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What is Emilienne’s full name in the novel?
4. What abnormality does Ava describe herself as having been born with in the narrative?
5. What kind of animal does Pierette transform herself into at the age of fifteen?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)