|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Pierette transform herself into at the age of fifteen?
(a) A chicken
(b) A cat
(c) A dog
(d) A canary
2. What is the name of Emilienne Roux’s father?
(a) Henry Roux
(b) Jack Roux
(c) Rowe Roux
(d) Beauregard Roux
3. How does the narrator describe John Griffith’s feelings for Emilienne Lavender in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He wishes to be her
(b) He lusts for her
(c) He regards her as a sister
(d) He loves her like a father
4. To what Native American tribe does Wilhelmina belong?
(a) The Winnemem tribe
(b) The Suquamish tribe
(c) The Yurok tribe
(d) The Cherokee tribe
5. Where did Gabe live with his mother when he was a child, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
(a) San Francisco, California
(b) Sacramento, California
(c) Los Angeles, California
(d) Brooklyn, New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John Griffith’s wife in the novel?
2. On what date is Ava Lavender born in the narrative?
3. From what narrative perspective is The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender related?
4. How old is Gabe when his mother is killed in Chapter 7?
5. How old is Viviane when she finds the white dress that resembles a child-size wedding gown in a closet in the house in Chapter 4?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)