|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilhelmina leave in the place of the loaf of bread she takes from the bakery when she first visits in Chapter 3?
(a) A potato
(b) A cedar basket
(c) A cup of coffee
(d) A shell bracelet
2. When does Gabe enlist in the military in Chapter 7?
(a) June, 1941
(b) March, 1940
(c) December, 1941
(d) September, 1942
3. Throughout the novel, Ava Lavender expresses her concerns and obsessions with what concept and its role in her life?
4. What abnormality does Ava describe herself as having been born with in the narrative?
(b) Odd-colored eyes
(d) White hair
5. When Viviane first meets Jack Griffith, he is digging a hole in his yard that he believes will lead him to what?
(a) The remains of King Tut
(b) The Hoover Dam
(c) The Arctic Ocean
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gabe’s mother support herself and her son, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
2. To what Native American tribe does Wilhelmina belong?
3. In the community of Pinnacle Lane, Emilienne is perceived by her neighbors to be what during her first year there?
4. The yearly celebrations for Fatima Ines de Dores’s birthday at Pinnacle Lane fall on what holiday?
5. Fatima Ines de Dores is said to be of what descent in Chapter 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)