|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Cooper’s first name in the novel?
2. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a person not suited in behavior or attitude to his social environment?
3. What abnormality does Ava describe herself as having been born with in the narrative?
(b) White hair
(d) Odd-colored eyes
4. Where has Viviane taken a job in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) A shoe store
(b) Her mother’s bakery
(c) A soda fountain
(d) A bank
5. In what year does the Cooper family move next-door to the Lavenders in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What university is Jack Griffith planning to attend in Chapter 6?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Ava says, "Henry was freed from our mother's protective rule on the hill just a few months after we turned” how old?
3. What does Henry’s first word, “Trouver” mean in French?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 4, “The neighborhood boys teased Jack mercilessly until learning that Viviane Lavender could” do what?
5. What does Henry come screaming to his mother, causing her great alarm, in the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)