|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter 12, the narrator says, “Those born under Pacific Northwest skies are like” what?
2. When Jack solicits Viviane for them to try again, she cannot keep whose image from creeping into her mind in Chapter 22?
3. How does Jack contact Viviane to say he’s found her son in the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) He sends a telegram
(b) He calls on the telephone
(c) He sends a messenger
(d) He knocks on the door
4. How much does the Widow Marigold Pie weigh before she begins patronizing Emilienne’s bakery in Chapter 12?
(a) 100 lbs
(b) 85 lbs
(c) 95 lbs
(d) 75 lbs
5. Of Viviane, the narrator says in the beginning of Chapter 22, “She thought it unfair that her life should be both irrelevant and” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emilienne do for the first time in over thirty years when leaving the bakery in Chapter 21?
2. What is the name of Jack Griffith’s maid in Chapter 22?
3. Whom does Henry tell his mother is hurt in the conclusion of Chapter 22?
4. What does Viviane see in the backyard where Jack had been searching for King Tut’s tomb when Viviane met him, in Chapter 22?
5. By what name does Henry call the ghost of Rene Roux when he refers to him in the narrative?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)