|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of Viviane, the narrator says in the beginning of Chapter 22, “She thought it unfair that her life should be both irrelevant and” what?
2. What does Emilienne say to Rowe as he drives her home in Chapter 21?
(a) I hope my granddaughter falls in love with you
(b) I hope the rain doesn’t last much longer
(c) I hope my brother is waiting for me
(d) I hope my daughter falls in love with you
3. Who is the author of the journal entry that concludes Chapter 13?
(a) Laura Lovelorn
(b) Constance Quakenbush
(c) Iris Sorrows
(d) Nathaniel Sorrows
4. Who insists that Emilienne take a ride home with Rowe while she helps to prepare to open the bakery in the morning in Chapter 21?
(b) Iris Sorrows
5. What is Henry’s response when Viviane asks him in the truck in Chapter 22, “Are you okay?”
(a) There’s water in the tower and leaves on the ground
(b) I need to go home
(c) We need to go save Ava
(d) There’s a bee in the bush and a cat on the wall
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nathaniel say “seems frantic to find you,” when he encounters Ava in Chapter 20?
2. What term from the novel refers to the railed rooftop platform frequently found on 19th century North American coastal houses?
3. How old is Gabe when his mother is killed in Chapter 7?
4. By what name does Henry call the ghost of Rene Roux when he refers to him in the narrative?
5. Where did Gabe live with his mother when he was a child, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)