|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term from the novel refers to the railed rooftop platform frequently found on 19th century North American coastal houses?
(d) Widow’s walk
2. What does Viviane note that there are none of in Jack’s home in Chapter 22?
(c) Kitchen appliances
(d) Family photos
3. What does Henry create after taking a ride with Gabe in the truck in Chapter 11?
(a) A map of the neighborhood
(b) A painting of the ocean
(c) A drawing of a bird
(d) A model airplane
4. How old is Gabe when his mother is killed in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of Marigold Pie’s sister that comes to visit her once she’s become obese in Chapter 12?
(a) Laura Lovelorn
(b) Constance Quakenbush
(c) Iris Sorrows
(d) Beatrix Griffith
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack contact Viviane to say he’s found her son in the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What is the date of the journal entry that concludes Chapter 13?
3. Where did Gabe live with his mother when he was a child, according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
4. What does Ava say “etoile de mer” translates to from French in Chapter 11?
5. Whose truck does Ava see pulling away from her driveway as she nears her house in Chapter 20?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)