• The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender is a young adult mystical romance novel by Leslye Walton.
• The novel's Prologue is written from the first-person point of view of Ava Wilhelmina Lavender, and describes how "to many, I was myth incarnate, the embodiment of a most superb legend, a fairy tale. Some considered me a monster, a mutation. To my great misfortune, I was once mistaken for an angel."
• Ava says that to her mother she was everything; to her father she was nothing; and to herself, she always knew the truth: "I was just a girl."
• Ava was born in Seattle on March 1, 1944; during her mother's pregnancy, the birds on Pinnacle Lane, where she lived, began acting strangely.
• After Ava's birth, the doctors took her to examine a "slight physical abnormality"; Ava was born with wings.
• Ava says, "Where the wings came from, no...
This section contains 6,461 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)