|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Minka's hair when she met her husband?
2. How much time were Minka's family allowed to leave their home?
3. Where did Basia work after Majer was old enough for day care?
4. How many square kilometers were allotted to the Jews in the Jewish town?
5. When Sage visits Josef in the hospital, how many years is she taken back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Minka allowed to continue her education?
2. What does Adam want when he comes bringing Sage lilies?
3. What did Leo's mother dream?
4. Why did Josef have to go to the hospital?
5. What happened while the soldiers were whipping Aleks?
6. What does Leo tell people who come up to him and Sage after the service at the Synagogue?
7. Who was Josef's first choice to ask to kill him?
8. How did Aleks happen to kill Ania's father?
9. When Sage stops in the bakery after talking with Josef in Section 7, why is it busier than usual?
10. Who were Aleksander's first victims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sage hits a deer when she is driving. What are factors that contributed to her accident?
Essay Topic 2
Minka had never shared her story before she told it to Leo and Sage. Why didn't Minka ever share her story before?
Essay Topic 3
Sage referred to her grandmother as a survivor twice over. What was there in Minka's life that made her a survivor?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)