|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about Casimir's appearance?
2. When did Minka go to collect Darija to stand in line for rations, and she was gone?
3. How many photographs did it take for Minka to write her story?
4. Where did Minka and her husband meet?
5. What time do Sage and Leo pull into Westerbrook after leaving her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sage do when she views her grandmother in the casket?
2. How did Minka remove an infected tooth from Darija's mouth?
3. Why did Minka begin to look forward to working for Franz?
4. What was Minka's life like before the ghetto?
5. Why does Josef say that Auschwitz was a good assignment?
6. What does Leo notice about the way Sage acts around her sisters?
7. How was Minka allowed to continue her education?
8. What does Adam want when he comes bringing Sage lilies?
9. What does Leo tell people who come up to him and Sage after the service at the Synagogue?
10. What was the first thing that Minka stole from Kanada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Minka had never shared her story before she told it to Leo and Sage. Why didn't Minka ever share her story before?
Essay Topic 2
Sage referred to her grandmother as a survivor twice over. What was there in Minka's life that made her a survivor?
Essay Topic 3
Sage hits a deer when she is driving. What are factors that contributed to her accident?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)