|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what rank was Josef demoted after Voelkel caught him?
2. What color are Damian's eyes?
3. How many students in Franz's class refused to join the Hitler-Jugend at first?
4. What does Sage do after Josef shows her a photo of an SS officer?
5. When Josef was a young boy, out of 60 million Germans, how many were Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of details did Ania's father share about the funeral he wanted?
2. What has Josef Weber done for a living?
3. How did Franz describe power?
4. What was Sage's grandmother's life like before the Nazis?
5. What does Josef want Sage to do and why?
6. What happened to Josef after Voelkel caught Josef with his girlfriend?
7. How did Sage manage to finish college?
8. Why does Sage's grandmother bake four loaves of bread every week?
9. What was a Blutgruppe tattoo?
10. What does Sage decide to do to take her mind off Josef the morning after hitting the deer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ruben stole a loaf of bread. What were the risks associated with stealing and why did Ruben take the risk?
Essay Topic 2
Although Sage is a young woman, she matures and grows up in the novel. How did Sage grow up and mature throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Ania believed that Aleks was a scapegoat. In what ways was Aleks a scapegoat?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)