|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Josef took a bullet meant for his commanding officer, how long did he spend in the hospital?
2. What is the name of grandmother's home health aide?
3. Where was Josef sent after Voelkel caught Josef with his girlfriend?
4. What dose Sage bring to the therapy group?
5. How many students in Franz's class refused to join the Hitler-Jugend at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sage say when Adam's father-in-law hears them talking?
2. What does Sage see in the photo that Josef shows her when he says he was SS?
3. What happens after Sage leaves Adam's house?
4. How did Sage become a baker?
5. Why does Josef say that so many Germans didn't say no to doing the horrible things that Hitler demanded?
6. What was a Blutgruppe tattoo?
7. Who does Sage use as a substitute if she can't be at the bakery?
8. Who is Alexsander Lubov, and why does he come to help Ania?
9. After Ania bites Damian's lip when he kisses her, where does she go and what does she find?
10. How did Sister Mary Robert became Mary DeAngelis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Franz helped Minka several times. Why do you think Franz helped Minka? Was the beating he gave her a change of heart or an attempt to help her?
Essay Topic 2
Sage attends a grief therapy group. Why does Sage attend the group if it isn't helping her cope with her grief?
Essay Topic 3
Mary comes to be with Sage after the accident and takes her to her home. What type of relationship do Mary and Sage have?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)