|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Josef when Hitler tried to take over the government at a beer hall and failed miserably?
2. How long has Josef Weber been a beloved community member and humanitarian?
3. How old is Rocco?
4. Who comes to the hospital with Sage after Sage hits the deer?
5. What was Josef's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sage dreaming when Leo Stein calls her back?
2. Who is Damian?
3. What happened to Josef after Voelkel caught Josef with his girlfriend?
4. What did Josef tell his wife Marta about his life during the war?
5. What does Sage decide to do to take her mind off Josef the morning after hitting the deer?
6. What does Sage see in the photo that Josef shows her when he says he was SS?
7. What has Josef Weber done for a living?
8. What was an upior?
9. What was Sage's grandmother's life like before the Nazis?
10. Why does Josef say that so many Germans didn't say no to doing the horrible things that Hitler demanded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sage hits a deer when she is driving. What are factors that contributed to her accident?
Essay Topic 2
Although Sage is a young woman, she matures and grows up in the novel. How did Sage grow up and mature throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Mary hires a man named Charles to help out in the bakery. Why, if Sage is willing to work, does Mary hire someone else?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)