|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Aleks punished everyday after he killed Damian?
2. How many other couples lived in the apartment that Basia and Rubin shared?
3. When did the chief of police post a list of streets where Jews were allowed to live?
(a) February 8.
(b) March 11.
(c) April 3.
(d) January 12.
4. When would Minka read her story to Franz?
(a) Lunch time.
(b) First thing in the morning.
(c) Right before she returned to her barracks.
(d) Dinner time.
5. How old was Sage when her grandmother had cancer?
(a) 3 or 4.
(d) 5 or 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sage usually do when she and her mother went to Minka's house to help her after she had cancer surgery?
2. After leaving quarantine, how many women did Minka and Darija have to share a bunk with?
3. Who calls Sage the morning after she heard her grandmother's story?
4. What color is Josef's hospital gown?
5. How old was the child of a new woman who was from Random, who gave her child to her elderly mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Minka and the other women of Auschwitz feel when they saw a bride arrive on a transport?
2. Who was Josef's first choice to ask to kill him?
3. What does Leo notice about the way Sage acts around her sisters?
4. Why did a German officer knock on the window when he saw Darija dancing?
5. What was the first thing that Minka stole from Kanada?
6. Who were Aleksander's first victims?
7. What did Leo's mother dream?
8. Why didn't Minka mind living in the ghetto at first?
9. What does Adam want when he comes bringing Sage lilies?
10. What was a Donestre?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)