|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month did Minka and her family have to begin wearing yellow stars?
2. When Sage is at the cafe in Westerbrook with Leo, how many times has she seen Shannon in person?
3. How old was Sage when her grandmother had cancer?
(a) 5 or 6.
(c) 3 or 4.
4. What did Leo do after Minka told her story and Sage sat with her as she went to sleep?
(a) Clean the kitchen.
(b) Read a magazine.
(c) Make phone calls.
(d) Finish his notes.
5. What language did the candy striper who wheels Josef to Sage's car take in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Minka's best subject in school?
2. When Franz gives Minka the leather journal and pen, how many pages does he want her to write by the next day?
3. What did Sage usually do when she and her mother went to Minka's house to help her after she had cancer surgery?
4. Where did Josef meet Sage's mother?
5. What time do Sage and Leo pull into Westerbrook after leaving her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo tell people who come up to him and Sage after the service at the Synagogue?
2. In Section 7, why does Sage want to borrow the kitchen at the bakery?
3. How did Minka remove an infected tooth from Darija's mouth?
4. What was Minka's life like before the ghetto?
5. What did Leo's mother dream?
6. What does Leo notice about the way Sage acts around her sisters?
7. When Sage stops in the bakery after talking with Josef in Section 7, why is it busier than usual?
8. Who was Josef's first choice to ask to kill him?
9. How did Aleks happen to kill Ania's father?
10. Why does Josef say that Auschwitz was a good assignment?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)