|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Josef meet Sage's mother?
(a) High school.
2. The day after Sage heard her grandmother's story, what type of drink does Rocco fix for Sage?
(a) White chocolate mocha.
(b) Cinnamon latte with soy.
(c) Caramel espresso.
(d) Iced mocha.
3. What does Sage send home with Pepper and Saffron as a care package when they leave?
(a) Cherry turnovers.
(b) Chocolate croissants.
(d) Almond croissants.
4. What job did Minka's mother take after they moved to the Jewish town?
(d) Factory worker.
5. How old were some of the girls who fashioned swastika patches where MInka worked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Sage the morning after she heard her grandmother's story?
2. What kind of cancer did Minka survive?
3. Where was the best place in line to line up for food?
4. What did Ania bake to take to Aleks in prison?
5. Where does Sage wait while Daisy gets Minka ready for bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Aleksander's first victims?
2. How did Minka and the other women of Auschwitz feel when they saw a bride arrive on a transport?
3. How did Minka get Christian papers?
4. What was a Donestre?
5. In Section 7, why does Sage want to borrow the kitchen at the bakery?
6. Why does Josef say that Auschwitz was a good assignment?
7. What does Leo tell people who come up to him and Sage after the service at the Synagogue?
8. Why did Rubin steal a loaf of bread, and how was he punished?
9. What does Sage do when she views her grandmother in the casket?
10. Why did Minka begin to look forward to working for Franz?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)