|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sage see Adam do when she sits outside his house after hearing Josef's confession?
(a) Read to his daughter.
(b) Dry dishes.
(c) Hug Shannon.
(d) Watch television with his son.
2. Where was the girl from in Sage's World Religion class in college who was a Buddhist?
3. When Josef's father cashed in a ten-year insurance policy, what could the proceeds buy?
(a) Not even a month's rent.
(b) Loaf of bread.
(c) Not even a newspaper.
(d) Cup of coffee.
4. Where was Sage's grandmother imprisoned by the Germans?
5. How long has Josef Weber been a beloved community member and humanitarian?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 28 years.
(d) 22 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Sage go to work in Part I?
2. What does Sage's grandmother remember that her son stole when he was little?
3. After Josef took a bullet for his commanding officer, where was he sent when he recovered?
4. What is the name of Adam's father-in-law?
5. Why is Sage still sitting at Josef's kitchen table after he tells her about his exploits in the SS?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo Stein look like?
2. How did Sister Mary Robert became Mary DeAngelis?
3. How did Sage manage to finish college?
4. Who does Sage use as a substitute if she can't be at the bakery?
5. How did Sage become a baker?
6. What is Sage dreaming when Leo Stein calls her back?
7. What does Josef want Sage to do and why?
8. Who is Rocco?
9. How did Sage's parents meet?
10. What does Sage say when Adam's father-in-law hears them talking?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)