|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sage usually do when she and her mother went to Minka's house to help her after she had cancer surgery?
(a) Play with her dolls.
(b) Watch Mr. Rogers and color.
(c) Watch Sesame Street and color.
(d) Play with clay.
2. Why has Josef been hospitalized?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Have his stomach pumped.
(c) Kidney stones.
3. Who wrote the novel that Sage sees on Josef's nightstand?
(a) Alice Hoffman.
(b) Anthony Doerr.
(c) Donna Tsrtt.
(d) Anna Quindlen.
4. What does Sage tell Adam when he proposes to her?
(b) Go home.
(c) Don't come back.
(d) Get out.
5. What kind of cancer did Minka survive?
(a) Colon cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) Stomach cancer.
6. How many people had been killed by the monster?
7. Where did Josef meet Sage's mother?
(c) High school.
8. How long was Minka's hair when she met her husband?
(a) Shoulder length.
(b) 1 inch.
(c) Chin length.
(d) 2 inches.
9. Where does Leo get a motel the night after hearing Minka's story?
(a) Courtyard by Marriott.
(b) Holiday Inn
(d) Days Inn.
10. What language did the candy striper who wheels Josef to Sage's car take in high school?
11. When would Minka read her story to Franz?
(a) Lunch time.
(b) Dinner time.
(c) Right before she returned to her barracks.
(d) First thing in the morning.
12. What is unusual about Rocco's speech?
(a) He has a thick Spanish accent.
(b) He uses sign language.
(c) He speaks only in haiku.
(d) He speaks only in a whisper.
13. Where was the best place in line to line up for food?
(b) First third.
(c) First half.
14. What time do Sage and Leo pull into Westerbrook after leaving her grandmother?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
15. Where do Josek and his family go after the SS raid at the Astoria?
(a) St. Petersburg.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ania bake to take to Aleks in prison?
2. How many Jews were accepted to "Gymnasium" the year Minka took the admittance test?
3. How old was Ester?
4. What did Minka's husband say that he saw in her?
5. What does Sage wear to conceal the wire?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)