|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Josef's hospital gown?
(a) White and blue.
2. How many Jews were accepted to "Gymnasium" the year Minka took the admittance test?
3. What does Sage wear to conceal the wire?
(a) Shorts and button down shirt.
(b) Dress and a cardigan.
(c) T-shirt and jeans.
4. The first time that Minka stole photographs from Kanada, how many did she steal?
5. When did Majer get sick?
(a) February 1941.
(b) April 1941.
(c) March 1941.
(d) January 1941.
6. What did Ania bake to take to Aleks in prison?
7. What color hair does the girl have who serves Leo and Sage at the cafe in Westerbrook?
8. How old was Sage when her grandmother had cancer?
(a) 3 or 4.
(b) 5 or 6.
9. How long did it take Aleks to coax a bird to his window ledge?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
10. What does Sage send home with Pepper and Saffron as a care package when they leave?
(a) Almond croissants.
(c) Cherry turnovers.
(d) Chocolate croissants.
11. What pattern is on the sheets on Josef's bed at home?
12. When Sage visits Josef in the hospital, how many years is she taken back?
13. What does Sage tell Adam when he proposes to her?
(a) Don't come back.
(b) Get out.
(d) Go home.
14. How many Jews lived in the Jewish town where Minka and her family had to go?
15. What is unusual about Rocco's speech?
(a) He uses sign language.
(b) He speaks only in haiku.
(c) He speaks only in a whisper.
(d) He has a thick Spanish accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did Darija and Minka have to hold up Agnat in line, even though the girl was dead?
2. How long had Darija been at Aushwitz before Minka arrived?
3. How many square kilometers were allotted to the Jews in the Jewish town?
4. What was the nationality of the Blockalteste who was in charge of the hut where Minka and Darija were sent?
5. When did the chief of police post a list of streets where Jews were allowed to live?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)