|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they play at the asylum?
(b) Snakes and ladders.
(c) Gin rummy.
(d) Hide and seek.
2. Where was Heloise's coat made?
3. What are propped on the wall of Logan's?
4. Where does Ralph fight?
5. How old is Everard in this chapter?
6. What was the weather on the day Lucy was born?
7. What did the army offer Horahan when his period of service ended?
(a) A dishonorable discharge.
(b) The rank of Captain.
(c) A chance to avoid court martial.
(d) To continue for a while.
8. What bird did Heloise Gault embroider?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A goose.
(c) An owl.
(d) A bluejay.
9. What is in the bottles that Captain Gault opens?
10. What did Heloise love?
11. What instrument does Mattie play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The banjo.
(d) The accordion.
12. What does Lucy do when Horahan leaves?
(a) Fire a shot after him.
(c) Run away from Lahardane.
13. What come down to scrabble in the grass?
14. What does Madame Vacelles drink?
(d) A cooler.
15. Where does Henry develop an ache?
(a) His back.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His knee.
(d) His ankles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Lahardane herd infected with?
2. What is Horahan temporarily out of?
3. What is the date inscribed on the book Lucy is reading?
4. What month is it at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What is the great family characteristic of the Stanhopes?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)