|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy gather in the orchard?
2. What will Horahan make for Lucy?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A hat.
(c) A birdhouse.
(d) A basket.
3. What season is it in this chapter?
4. What does the old man have in his house?
5. What does Horahan not do?
6. By tradition, how are Gault gravestones laid out?
(a) In a circle.
(b) Towards the North.
(c) On an angle.
7. What month is it at the beginning of this chapter?
8. Where have Ralph's barracks been located?
(a) Sunderland and Cannington.
(b) Dieppe and Stalingrad.
(c) Chelsea and Manchester.
(d) Chesire and Northamptonshire.
9. How old is the Captain in this chapter?
10. What does Jack want to be?
(a) An ophthalmologist.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A horticulturalist.
(d) A veterinarian.
11. What instrument does Mattie play?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The piano.
(c) The banjo.
(d) The accordion.
12. What is Lucy's high score in bagatelle?
13. What would be held on St Cecilia's day?
(b) Prayer services.
14. At what time does Lucy wake up?
15. Which of the following trades did a Gault go into?
(a) Tobacco farming.
(c) Wine making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Lucy buy?
2. What color are the eyes of Ralph's wife?
3. Where does Ralph go?
4. What did the army offer Horahan when his period of service ended?
5. Everard has heard Ireland described as 'Ireland of the ________.'
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)