|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horahan see Captain Gault's return as?
(a) A sign.
(b) A bad thing.
(c) An omen.
(d) A chance to get revenge.
2. Where does Henry develop an ache?
(a) His knee.
(b) His back.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His ankles.
3. Henry says that Horahan is 'not the full _______.'
4. What word did Heloise never use to describe her husband?
5. What is in the bottles that Captain Gault opens?
6. Who is the unexpected visitor?
(a) Mr Sullivan.
(b) The E.S.B. man.
7. How long does World War Two last?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Seven years.
8. What is upright in the corner of the field that Ralph and his wife see?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A cross.
(c) A stone.
(d) A spade.
9. What hobby does Lucy take up?
(d) The piano.
10. What convenience comes to Lahardane?
(a) The railroad.
(c) Mail service.
11. What animal is causing problems on Ralph's land?
12. What month is it at the beginning of this chapter?
13. What does the Captain use to repair the roof?
14. Who does Horahan say addressed him when he saw Captain Gault on the promenade?
(a) Our mutual friend.
(b) Our Savior.
(c) Our Lady.
(d) Our Lord.
15. What does Lucy whisper when her father returns?
(a) 'My mother is dead.'
(b) 'Who are you?'
(c) 'At long last.'
(d) 'Why now?'
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date inscribed on the book Lucy is reading?
2. What illness does Heloise have?
3. What would be held on St Cecilia's day?
4. What does Lucy do when Horahan leaves?
5. Which relative of Heloise's has also died?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)