|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first lecture Jared faxes to Lulfre?
2. Who finds Charles dead?
3. Shirin says Takers see the world as made for who to conquer and rule?
4. Shirin marks the tracks of what insect to when teaching Jared?
5. What school does Jared work at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does B say happened when mankind became hunters?
2. What happens when B and Jared visit "Meyer-Uberbleibselen" together?
3. Describe the anonymous phone call Jared receives at his hotel room after he hears Charles give a lecture for the first time.
4. What does B tell Jared about the Tak?
5. What is the tale of the weavers that B tells?
6. How does Jared answer when Shirin asks him why he has come to see B and his lectures?
7. What happens when Shirin asks Jared what Lulfre will do if he decides B is the Antichrist?
8. In what way do Takers see the world, according to B?
9. Why does Jared become disturbed by the idea that some questions are dangerous?
10. What do the pieces in Shirin's bricolage represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jared's transformation into B. How does it take place? What reaction does he receive from others who can sense he will soon become B? Why do you think the author chooses to make Jared become B?
Essay Topic 2
Explore Shirin's role as B. How does she become B? Why do you think she takes over? How does her version of B differ from Charles's? How does it stay the same? What seems to be her function in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the significance of the bricolage Shirin uses to teach Jared. What is the basic concept of Shirin's bricolage? Why does she construct it? How does she plan to use it to teach Jared? Discuss the role of each part of the bricolage.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)