|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bergere where Charles sits in at the greenroom at the Schauspiel Wahnfried theater?
2. Who calls Jared on the phone on the morning of May 21?
3. In Shirin's bricolage, what item represents animism?
4. Shirin draws a shape around her bricolage to represent what?
5. What is the name for people who see the gods as the strange force that animates a place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does B say her objective is in regard to vision?
2. What happens when B and Jared visit "Meyer-Uberbleibselen" together?
3. Why does Jared think he made a mistake after hearing Charles give a lecture for the first time?
4. What is the point of the story of the Imperial Chill, as Jared understands it from B's lecture?
5. What does B say happened when mankind became hunters?
6. What does Jared find a crowd doing the second time he goes to hear Charles speak?
7. What does B mean when he says he wants to save the world?
8. What is the story of the Imperial Chill that Shirin tells Jared?
9. What happens when Shirin asks Jared what Lulfre will do if he decides B is the Antichrist?
10. In what way do Takers see the world, according to B?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the significance of Jared's confrontation with Lulfre after leaving the Company Farm. How does their confrontation unfold? What is his reasoning for confronting him? What does the confrontation say about Jared at this point in the novel? What it say about the character of Lulfre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jared's transformation into B. How does it take place? What reaction does he receive from others who can sense he will soon become B? Why do you think the author chooses to make Jared become B?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the concept of being B. Who in the book becomes B? How can more than one person be B? What makes someone transform into B? Do you think becoming B is a choice? Why or why not?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)