|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jared rushes to write his Epilogue because Michael is taking him where?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To the hospital.
2. What is the name of the theater where B gives the lecture, "The Great Forgetting"?
(a) Piccolo Teatro.
(c) Der Bau.
3. What is the name of Jared's doctor at the recovery center?
(a) Dr. Gale.
(b) Dr. Emerson.
(c) Dr. Halloway.
(d) Dr. Mitchell.
4. What does Albrecht say he will do to Jared if he starts to call himself B?
(a) Worship him.
(b) Embarrass him.
(c) Banish him.
(d) Kill him.
5. B says a large part of cultural mythology claims a profound gulf between what?
(a) The past and the present.
(b) Eastern and Western cultures.
(c) Men and women.
(d) The young and the old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jared says the tape recording he made of a conversation with Lulfre is gone because he is too what?
2. What mythologist does B make reference to in "The Collapse of Values"?
3. What is the name of the book B reads about population?
4. B says Homo sapiens were first seen on the planet how long ago?
5. Why does Jared say he, Shirin, and Charles were targets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does B say Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring" caused a change in the world?
2. How does B draw a parallel between Eastern and Western cultures?
3. Why does B argue with what people in the 1950s said about Man and his place in the scheme of things?
4. In his May 31 entry, why does Jared say he cannot call Germany and make sure Shirin and Michael are all right?
5. In B's metaphor about boiling a frog, when does he say the water begins to boil for Man?
6. Why does Jared speak directly to his reader in the epilogue?
7. What happens when Jared visits Lulfre after fleeing the Company Farm?
8. What does B say caused the advent of Judaism, Brahmanism, Hinduism, Shintoism, and Buddhism?
9. How does Jared reply when Albrecht sneeringly asks if he is now B when they think Shirin is dead?
10. In B's metaphor about boiling a frog, when does he say the water first begins to heat up for Man?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)