|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the recovery center where Jared goes after he leaves the hospital?
(a) The Company Bank.
(b) The Company Church.
(c) The Company House.
(d) The Company Farm.
2. What mythologist does B make reference to in "The Collapse of Values"?
(a) Edith Hamilton.
(b) Joseph Campbell.
(c) Robert Graves.
(d) Linda Reid.
3. Why does Jared say he, Shirin, and Charles were targets?
(a) Because they are misunderstood.
(b) Because they are B.
(c) Because they are the Antichrist.
(d) Because no one likes them.
4. Who does B say won a Nobel Prize for his work with DDT?
(a) Walther Bothe.
(b) Paul Muller.
(c) Max Born.
(d) Gustav Hertz.
5. How long has Jared been in the hospital at the start of Part Three?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jared and Shirin want to protect who from Lulfre?
2. In B's lecture, "The Great Forgetting," he says he would wager that geneticists do not spend an hour a day reading what book?
3. When does B say crime emerged as a problem?
4. Who says, "Anyone can be hunted."
5. B says from 1200 to 1700, man was faced with what plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jared lose the tapes he had recorded of B's lectures?
2. In what manner does B teach about population?
3. Why does Jared speak directly to his reader in the epilogue?
4. How does B draw a parallel between Eastern and Western cultures?
5. Why does Jared believe the tribal lifestyle worked?
6. What does B say caused the advent of Judaism, Brahmanism, Hinduism, Shintoism, and Buddhism?
7. How does Jared reply when Albrecht sneeringly asks if he is now B when they think Shirin is dead?
8. In his May 31 entry, why does Jared say he cannot call Germany and make sure Shirin and Michael are all right?
9. What happens when Jared visits Lulfre after fleeing the Company Farm?
10. In B's metaphor about boiling a frog, when does he say the water begins to boil for Man?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)