|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jared say is his favorite time for calling the receptionist at the recovery center.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
2. On what date does B give his lecture, "The Collapse of Values"?
(a) May 16.
(b) May 3.
(c) June 1.
(d) May 19.
3. In what city does B give the lecture, "The Boiling Frog"?
4. On what date does B give the lecture, "Population: A Systems Approach"?
(a) May 5.
(b) June 2.
(c) May 12.
(d) May 21.
5. B says beginning in what year, the current generation has added a 10th voice to the chorus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does B say has been destroyed by the new culture's way of doing things?
2. In what year does the book "Silent Spring" come out?
3. Where does B give the lecture, "Population: A Systems Approach"?
4. What does B say is the origin of the world's population explosion?
5. Who does Jared entrust with a tape recording of a conversation with Lulfre?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Great Forgetting?
2. In B's metaphor about boiling a frog, when does he say the water first begins to heat up for Man?
3. How does Albrecht react when Jared says war is an accomplishment of the modern culture?
4. How does B draw a parallel between Eastern and Western cultures?
5. Why does B argue with what people in the 1950s said about Man and his place in the scheme of things?
6. What does B say about individual cultures and their place in the scheme of things?
7. How does B draw a comparison between a frog and Man?
8. Even though B says cultural collapse is occurring, what does he say the good news is?
9. In his May 31 entry, why does Jared say he cannot call Germany and make sure Shirin and Michael are all right?
10. Why, according to the lecture, The Great Forgetting, can one can offer to show someone how to be saved and be understood anywhere in the world?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)