|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I am B," in Jared's May 23 diary entry?
2. In Shirin's bricolage, what does the pen represent?
(a) The Law of Loss.
(b) The Law of Love.
(c) The Law of Life.
(d) The Law of Light.
3. What is the name of the theater where Jared first sees Charles speak?
(a) Le Batiment.
(b) Der Bau.
(d) El Edificio.
4. Who does Charles say discovered that yellow fever is carried by mosquitoes?
(a) Robert Cess.
(b) Jule Charney.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Walter Reed.
5. Who brought Christianity to the Romans, according to a conversation between Shirin and Jared?
(a) St. Paul.
(b) St. Matthew.
(c) St. Mark.
(d) St. Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Charles that Jared is not an assassin?
2. What does Shirin tell Jared to do with his fossil when he asks her?
3. Jared says there are how many degrees of losing faith?
4. To what Roman Catholic order does Jared belong?
5. Charles says the Schauspiel Wahnfried theater makes sure to show what play at least once every second year?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the May 20 entry, how does B explain the way he will teach Jared?
2. What does Jared find a crowd doing the second time he goes to hear Charles speak?
3. Describe the anonymous phone call Jared receives at his hotel room after he hears Charles give a lecture for the first time.
4. What point is Charles trying to make by mentioning the novel "Monkey"?
5. How does Jared answer when Shirin asks him why he has come to see B and his lectures?
6. How does B react when Jared says his superior is Lulfre?
7. Why does Jared become disturbed by the idea that some questions are dangerous?
8. What does B tell Jared about St. Paul?
9. How does Jared feel after he hears Charles give a lecture for the first time?
10. What does Charles tell Jared about the master's two sets of teaching?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)