|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shirin relate to a flowing river?
2. What is the name of Charles's assistant?
3. Where does Charles die?
(a) At a theater.
(b) On a train.
(c) At a university.
(d) In the streets.
4. Who says, "When Jesus departed, he left no one behind who was the message."
5. Who owns the shop where Charles buys Jared a fossil?
(a) Eric Rossman.
(b) Michael Miller.
(c) Gustl Meyer.
(d) Mounir Gerth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the story Charles tells Jared the first time they meet?
2. After Charles's second lecture, Jared follows him to a building marked what?
3. In Shirin's bricolage, what does Jared's fossil represent?
4. What does Lulfre send Jared to find?
5. What is Jared's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does B tell Jared about the Tak?
2. What is the tale of the weavers that B tells?
3. In the May 20 entry, how does B explain the way he will teach Jared?
4. Why does Shirin, now B, cry to Jared in the May 24 (2 a.m.) entry?
5. What happens when Shirin asks Jared what Lulfre will do if he decides B is the Antichrist?
6. Why does Shirin want to teach Jared in a different way than Charles did?
7. Describe the anonymous phone call Jared receives at his hotel room after he hears Charles give a lecture for the first time.
8. Why is Jared sent to Germany?
9. What is the point of the story of the Imperial Chill, as Jared understands it from B's lecture?
10. What is the story of the Imperial Chill that Shirin tells Jared?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)