|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jared entrust with a tape recording of a conversation with Lulfre?
(a) A friend.
(b) His cousin.
(c) A police officer.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does B give the lecture, "Population: A Systems Approach"?
3. What is the date on Jared's first entry from Part Three of the book?
(a) June 2.
(d) May 31.
4. What is the name of the theater where B gives the lecture, "The Great Forgetting"?
(c) Piccolo Teatro.
(d) Der Bau.
5. In what time period does B say the frog in his boiling-frog metaphor for society has boiled?
(a) 1850 to 1950.
(b) 1900 to 1920.
(c) 1960 to 1996.
(d) 1929 to 1970.
6. What does Jared say is his favorite time for calling the receptionist at the recovery center.
(b) 2 a.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
7. Who does Jared visit on June 8, looking for clues about Michael and Shirin, before going to find new spellings for Michael's name?
8. B says from 1200 to 1700, man was faced with what kind of hordes?
(a) Mongol Hordes.
(b) Ottoman Hordes.
(c) Golden Hordes.
(d) Ming Hordes.
9. B says the existence of a pre-agricultural man became undeniable in what century?
10. What system of living does B believe is very successful?
11. B says a Swiss scientist won a Nobel Prize for his work with DDT in what year?
12. On what date is B's "The Great Forgetting" lecture presented?
(a) May 2.
(b) May 21.
(c) May 16.
(d) May 28.
13. In what year does the book "Silent Spring" come out?
14. B says the human population doubled how many times in the 190,000 years before the Agricultural Revolution?
15. How long has Jared been in the hospital at the start of Part Three?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jared rushes to write his Epilogue because Michael is taking him to what city?
2. At what theater does B give his lecture, "The Collapse of Values"?
3. In the book B reads about population, there is drug that increases what?
4. B says beginning in what year, the current generation has added a 10th voice to the chorus?
5. Where do doctors at the hospital tell Jared his belongings from the hotel are?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)