|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Inspired Chicken Motel" which item bears a strange inscription?
2. What is the name of the young girl in the story?
3. What event takes place during the story?
(a) Veteran's Day.
(d) Winter solstice.
4. Where was the man's body found?
(c) On the street.
5. What is Picasso's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Better Part of Wisdom" a man from which country learns he is about to die?
2. What nationality is the man that uncovers the unusual activity?
3. What is the surname of the couple in the story?
4. What do the men find on the beach instead?
5. What is the name of the family that emigrated to Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Better Part of Wisdom" what does the grandfather decide to do when he learns he is on death's door?
2. In "The Day It Rained Forever" three friends complain at the severe heat while waiting for a specific event to occur. What is the event? When is it due to occur?
3. In "The October Game" what is the relationship between Mich and Louise Wilder? What Actions does Mich take to hurt his wife?
4. Tell the story of Margot in "All Summer in a Day."
5. What is the plan put into motion by Doug in "The Utterly Perfect Murder?" What is the outcome?
6. "Night Call, Collect" tells the story of which character? What is the character's problem?
7. How does the wife attempt to help her husband in "The Women?"
8. In "The Happiness Machine" Leo Auffmann invents a happiness machine. Describe the machine and was it does for the users. Also examine the opinion of Mrs. Auffmann.
9. In "The Terrible Conflagration up at the Place" a group of people decide to burn the lord's home as a sign of political protest. Why is the plan to burn the lord's home discarded?
10. Describe the plot used in "Fever Dream."
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)