|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the boy fall in love?
2. What do the men find on the beach instead?
(c) Car keys.
3. On what day is the rain supposed to come?
(a) April 4th.
(b) January 29th.
(c) September 8th.
(d) June 21st.
4. In "The Haunting of the New," takes place mainly in what type of building?
5. What causes the characters' life spans to be shortened drastically?
(b) Lack of oxygen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the protagonist in "A Piece of Wood?"
2. What is the name of the old woman that befriends the three complaining men?
3. What event takes place during the story?
4. Where does the man go on his final vacation?
5. "Have I Got a Chocolate Bar for You!" deals with a boy that practices which religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plot in "A Story of Love."
2. Discuss the life span of the characters in "Frost and Fire" and why it is unusual.
3. In "The Better Part of Wisdom" what does the grandfather decide to do when he learns he is on death's door?
4. What is unusual about the parrot in "The Parrot Who Met Papa?" What happens to the parrot?
5. In "The Best of All Possible Worlds," two men meet on a commuter train.
6. Discuss the bizarre inscriptions discussed in "The Inspired Chicken Motel" and how they affect a family.
7. "Night Call, Collect" tells the story of which character? What is the character's problem?
8. In "The Day It Rained Forever" three friends complain at the severe heat while waiting for a specific event to occur. What is the event? When is it due to occur?
9. In "Tyrannosaurus Rex" a movie producer hires a modeler to create a stop-motion dinosaur. What is the unusual outcome of the project?
10. In "The October Game" what is the relationship between Mich and Louise Wilder? What Actions does Mich take to hurt his wife?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)