|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is the man that uncovers the unusual activity?
2. What word best describes the inner core of the ancient alien?
3. In "McGillahee's Brat" the main character has not aged in how many years?
4. Where was the man's body found?
(b) On the street.
5. How many men gather together in a deep conversation in "Long After Midnight?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The practice originated in which country?
2. Which famous author was often referred to as Papa?
3. What word is used to describe the act of raising someone from a grave?
4. In "Punishment Without Crime" George decides to murder a surrogate version of his wife _____.
5. What is the name of the man found murdered n the story "And So Died Riabouchinska?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of the people when a girl talks about a woman being buried alive in "The Screaming Woman?"
2. "Night Call, Collect" tells the story of which character? What is the character's problem?
3. Tell the story of Margot in "All Summer in a Day."
4. Who uses "The Black Ferris" as a means of manipulation? How and why is this feat enacted?
5. In "Tyrannosaurus Rex" a movie producer hires a modeler to create a stop-motion dinosaur. What is the unusual outcome of the project?
6. In "The Terrible Conflagration up at the Place" a group of people decide to burn the lord's home as a sign of political protest. Why is the plan to burn the lord's home discarded?
7. In "The Day It Rained Forever" three friends complain at the severe heat while waiting for a specific event to occur. What is the event? When is it due to occur?
8. In "The Best of All Possible Worlds," two men meet on a commuter train.
9. Discuss the bizarre inscriptions discussed in "The Inspired Chicken Motel" and how they affect a family.
10. Discuss the life span of the characters in "Frost and Fire" and why it is unusual.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)