|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the protagonist's issue?
(a) Always cold.
(b) Broken leg.
2. Which pet plays a lead role in the story?
3. What time of day is significant to the women in "Embroidery?"
(a) 7:00 AM
(b) 10:00 AM
(c) 8:00 PM
(d) 5:00 PM
4. In "The Crowd" Spallner is involved in what kind of accident?
5. Which two characters decide to go off on vacation to get away from their wives?
(a) Travis and Black.
(b) Elliot and Einar.
(c) Hollis and Hitchcock.
(d) Smith and Braling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the explorers' bodies is removed?
2. What is the name of the boy in "The Invisible Boy?"
3. The boy remembers his friend _____ who had died the previous summer.
4. The boy feels like an outcast because he is not a _____.
5. One of the objects is shaped like which fruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Richard because of his jealousy?
2. What are the marital issues for Smith and Braling in "Marionettes, Inc.?" What is the solution chosen by the two men?
3. "The Veldt" tells a story about the Hadley family. What unusual thing has the family done to their house? What part of the house proves to be the most significant?
4. Describe the main plot of "The Coffin."
5. What is the problem with the new resident in "The Man Upstairs?" How is the problem resolved?
6. In "The Last Night of the World" several people have the same dream. What is the dream and what is the combined reaction of the people?
7. The birth of a child is usually a joyous thing. What goes wrong with the Leiber baby in "The Small Assassin?"
8. What happens to Hollis during his free fall in space? How does the story end for Hollis?
9. What happens to Uncle Einar as he returns to from the Elliot family reunion? How does the event change Einar's life?
10. How does the Erickson family come across the farmhouse? How do they claim the old house?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)