|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martians appear in the form of which of the following?
2. What is the name of the protagonist in "The Great Wide World over There?"
3. What is the name of the protagonist in "Homecoming?"
4. What is the name of the protagonist in "The Night?"
5. What is the term used for the lifelike androids?
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy remembers his friend _____ who had died the previous summer.
2. What is the name of the structure used for shelter?
3. What type of group arrives on planet in "The Fire Balloons?"
4. What is the name of the man repeatedly hit with micrometeorites in "Kaleidoscope?"
5. What is the name of the alternative medicine practitioner in "Skeleton?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Benjy's visit in "The Great Wide World over There?"
2. Explain Walter Gripp's situation in "The Silent Towns." What has upset Walter? What does he do about it? What is the outcome?
3. Describe the plot of the story "The Fog Horn."
4. Describe the situation of the main character in "The Emissary."
5. In "The Last Night of the World" several people have the same dream. What is the dream and what is the combined reaction of the people?
6. Describe the main plot of "The Coffin."
7. In "A Sound of Thunder" several people take a trip. Who goes on the trip? What is the purpose of the trip? What negative occurrence happens during the trip?
8. What do the main characters in "The Next In Line" discover when they go to Mexico? What is their reaction?
9. In the story "Invisible Boy" how does the woman attempt to get Charlie to stay with her instead of going home? How does the woman do it?
10. What happens to Hollis during his free fall in space? How does the story end for Hollis?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)