|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool is used to represent death in the tale of the Erickson family?
2. What is the name of the protagonist in "The April Witch?"
3. What is the name of the protagonist in "The Skeleton?"
4. In "The Off Season" what is the name of the couple that opens a store?
(a) Sam and Elma.
(b) Richard and Genevieve.
(c) Walter and Ceci.
(d) Timothy and Einar.
5. What is the surname of the protagonist's next door neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. The new resident is unusual. The boy learns that the man is a/n _____________.
2. The couple decides to relocate to which country?
3. What is the name of the person in charge of the group?
4. "The Million-Year Picnic" an Earth family from Earth to avoid which of the following:
5. The opposing town builds an object in the shape of which animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Peregrine discover when he examines the morality of the Martians?
2. In "Mars Is Heaven" one of the characters is suspicious of the happenings in an Earth-like village. Who is the character and what causes the character to be distracted?
3. What do the main characters in "The Next In Line" discover when they go to Mexico? What is their reaction?
4. What is the cause of family tension in the story "The Rocket Man?"
5. Explain the situation that plagues Timothy Elliot in "Homecoming." Why does Timothy feel like an outcast?
6. What is the main issue with Mr. Harris, the protagonist in "Skeleton?"
7. Explain Walter Gripp's situation in "The Silent Towns." What has upset Walter? What does he do about it? What is the outcome?
8. In "The Last Night of the World" several people have the same dream. What is the dream and what is the combined reaction of the people?
9. What happens to Hollis during his free fall in space? How does the story end for Hollis?
10. What are the marital issues for Smith and Braling in "Marionettes, Inc.?" What is the solution chosen by the two men?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)