|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Haunting of the New," takes place mainly in what type of building?
2. In the end, the man does not murder his adversary, _____ has done the job for him.
(a) A freak storm.
(c) An alien.
(d) His brother.
3. Where does the boy find peace for his troubled mind?
(a) Nursing home.
4. How long has the couple been married?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. What instrument is played by the older woman?
6. What do the men find on the beach instead?
(c) Car keys.
7. "The Terrible Conflagration up at the Place" is set in which country?
8. "The Tombling Day" deals with activities that take place in which location?
(a) Elementary school.
(d) Apartment complex.
9. How old is the boy?
10. The practice originated in which country?
11. How many men gather together in a deep conversation in "Long After Midnight?"
12. What causes the characters' life spans to be shortened drastically?
(a) Lack of oxygen.
13. What word best describes the inner core of the ancient alien?
14. What are the names of the husband and wife in "The Strawberry Window?"
(a) Bob and Carrie.
(b) William and Susan.
(c) Randall and Elspeth.
(d) Terle and Hannah.
15. How old is the object of the boy's affection?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the physical appearance of the woman?
2. Where is the girl kept captive during the sunny day?
3. How long has the character lived alone on the planet?
4. "Have I Got a Chocolate Bar for You!" deals with a boy that practices which religion?
5. Who becomes suspicious of the mushrooms being grown in "Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar?"
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)