|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first opera?
2. According to Chapter 6, who was the only Florentine diplomat?
3. What church replaced the Santa Reparata?
4. What disease did the Medicis commonly suffer?
5. According to Chapter 6, what colors do the "great Florentine innovators" generally favor in their paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the ramifications for an artist who became a Piagnone?
2. Compare the work of Brunelleschi to Greek philosophy.
3. Name some of the ways in which Florence unleashed original ideas on the world.
4. Describe Uccello's greatest fresco.
5. Describe the appearance of Donna Maria Ciliego.
6. Describe how Brunelleschi won the right to build the cupola of the Duomo.
7. Summarize Brunelleschi's prank on the woodworker.
8. Describe some of the characteristics of the Medicis.
9. How did Donatello influence Padua?
10. Explain the author's meaning in her assertion that Florentine painting "had a sweet tooth."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the causes and effects of the defeat of the Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two Florentine artists, and discuss in detail the way the Florentine trait of "simplicity of life" guided their work and their personal lives.
Essay Topic 3
Critique the author's writing style and technique in describing the Duomo.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)