|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the author cite as building on the artistic endeavors of Uccello and Piero della Francisca?
2. Which fresco, created by Uccello, does the author consider to be "an example of Florentine avarice"?
3. What was the nickname for people who followed Savonarola?
4. Who created the Duomo?
5. Who wrote the instructional booklet Della Pittura?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the characteristics of the Medicis.
2. Describe how Brunelleschi won the right to build the cupola of the Duomo.
3. Describe Uccello's greatest fresco.
4. Why did Machiavelli favor an army composed of citizens?
5. What is the color scheme of the "springtime" painters? Give one example of its use.
6. Describe the appearance of Donna Maria Ciliego.
7. How did Paolo di Dono earn his nickname?
8. Summarize the love story of Maria and Michael Dagomari.
9. Compare the work of Brunelleschi to Greek philosophy.
10. How did Donatello influence Padua?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the work of Il Rosso and Pontormo with the work of one other prominent Florentine artist.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Florentine culture in detail. Choose a character from the book and describe how he or she does or does not fit within that culture. Try to be as detailed as possible in your description.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the "springtime" and the "autumnal" painters.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)