|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the home of the Roman governor called?
2. Whom does the character Fiorino emulate?
3. Which famous Florentine statue no longer has a head?
4. Who broke the Florentine custom of honoring the public far above the individual?
5. Under whose leadership were the Patarenes quashed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the religious imagery in the city kept, and what does that imagery depict?
2. Summarize some of the antics of Lorenzino de' Medici.
3. Explain the word "harangue" and its presence in the lives of the Florentine people.
4. Describe the medieval nobility's behavior in medieval Florence, as discussed in Chapter 3.
5. Describe what happens to tourists who enter a church to look at the paintings.
6. What is modern Florence's relationship with its historical artifacts?
7. Describe the "'characteristic' Florentine street."
8. Name some of the theories concerning where the head of "Primavera" ended up after the Santa Trinita Bridge was blown up during World War II.
9. What did Saint Peter Martyr do that dramatically affected Florence?
10. What is the typical behavior of Florentines towards tourists in restaurants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed description of the setting of modern Florence, and compare and contrast that setting with another city that the book discusses.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between painting and sculpture in Florence, including what each medium was used for and what each medium signified to the people.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between science and art in the early Renaissance in Florence, including mention of some of the main artists and works of art involved.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)