|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous explorer consulted with Toscanelli?
(a) Ponce de Leon.
(d) Admiral Drake.
2. Who wrote the poem "Ode to the West Wind"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Percy Bysshe Shelley.
(d) Robert Browning.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, who was born the year Michelangelo died?
(d) Saint Francis.
4. What Florentine church housed a respected music school in the fourteenth century?
(a) Santa Maria Novella.
(b) Santa Croce.
(c) Santa Trinita.
(d) Santa Biblia.
5. According to Chapter 6, what color is prominent in the paintings of the "springtime painters"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, who was the only Florentine diplomat?
2. According to Chapter 4, what novel contains a painting as the antagonist?
3. In the author's opinion, the work of which artist achieves Plato's ideal forms?
4. What was the nickname for people who followed Savonarola?
5. Who created the fresco "Universal Deluge"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Machiavelli favor an army composed of citizens?
2. Describe the event that occurred in 1304 to make the Florentines believe judgment was near.
3. How did Donatello influence Padua?
4. Describe some of the characteristics of the Medicis.
5. What were the ramifications for an artist who became a Piagnone?
6. Summarize the love story of Maria and Michael Dagomari.
7. Describe how Brunelleschi won the right to build the cupola of the Duomo.
8. Summarize Brunelleschi's prank on the woodworker.
9. How did the Florentines feel about antiquity?
10. Describe the origin of the phrase "as round as Giotto's O."
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)