|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the information provided in Chapter 5, what did the palaces used to sell to the people?
2. With whom did Donatello live?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) The Medici family.
3. Whom does the author cite as building on the artistic endeavors of Uccello and Piero della Francisca?
(a) Andy Warhol.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Jackson Pollock.
(d) Vincent van Gogh.
4. According to Chapter 4, what object is frequently found in the center of Florentine paintings of the Annunciation?
(a) An Easter lily.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A dove.
(d) A Bible.
5. Who killed Giuliano, according to the tale related in Chapter 6?
(b) Lorenzo de' Medici.
(d) Francesco de' Pazzi.
6. What was the first opera?
(a) The Magic Flute.
(b) La Traviatta.
(c) La Boheme.
7. What subject of Savonarola's preaching does the author mention in Chapter 4?
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The Exodus.
8. What disease did the Medicis commonly suffer?
9. According to the author, Florence shares "simplicity of life" with which city?
10. What artist is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 4?
(a) Paolo Uccello.
(c) Andrea del Castagno.
(d) Van Gogh.
11. As mentioned in Chapter 5, who was born the year Michelangelo died?
(a) Saint Francis.
12. Which novel does the author compare to Dante's Divine Comedy in Chapter 6?
(a) Silas Marner.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) The Sound and the Fury.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
13. As mentioned in Chapter 4, which artist enjoyed witnessing hangings?
(c) Fra Fillipo Lippi.
14. When did the Spanish military overthrow the Florentine Republic?
15. According to Chapter 6, which month is the "classic Florentine 'month'"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what character in Greek mythology does the author compare the "Madonna with the Pomegranate"?
2. Who created the fresco "Universal Deluge"?
3. Who wrote the instructional booklet Della Pittura?
4. What color is Saint John's robe in the fresco in Santa Maria Novella?
5. Which artist does the author NOT mention as depicting objects from ordinary life, such as household utensils?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)