|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performed the "egg trick" described in Chapter 5?
(b) Pope Clement VII.
2. According to the author, what building exceeds the Duomo in size and beauty?
(a) The Parthenon.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Saint Peter's Cathedral.
(d) The library of Alexandria.
3. According to Chapter 6, what color is prominent in the paintings of the "springtime painters"?
4. Whom does the author cite as building on the artistic endeavors of Uccello and Piero della Francisca?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Andy Warhol.
(c) Vincent van Gogh.
(d) Jackson Pollock.
5. Whose favorite artistic medium was terra verde?
(a) Paolo Uccello.
6. According to popular opinion as mentioned by the author in Chapter 4, who is the person represented in the center of "Universal Deluge"?
(c) Jesus Christ.
7. What church replaced the Santa Reparata?
(a) The Duomo.
(b) Santa Croce.
(c) Santissima Annunziata.
(d) Santa Trinita.
8. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which artists did the Romans think were searching for treasure around the ruins of ancient structures?
(a) Brunelleschi and Donatello.
(b) Fra Fillipo Lippi and Uccello.
(c) Leonardo and Donatello.
(d) Uccello and Andrea del Castagno.
9. According to Chapter 4, what object is frequently found in the center of Florentine paintings of the Annunciation?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A dove.
(c) An Easter lily.
(d) A pillar.
10. Who created the fresco "Universal Deluge"?
(b) Andrea del Castagno.
11. According to Chapter 6, which month is the "classic Florentine 'month'"?
12. As mentioned in Chapter 5, who humbled Emperor Henry IV?
(a) Catherine of Siena.
(b) Countess Matilda of Tuscany.
(c) Julian of Norwich.
(d) Hildegard of Bingen.
13. As related in the tale told in this chapter, who drew a perfect freehand circle for the Pope?
14. According to the information provided in Chapter 5, what did the palaces used to sell to the people?
15. To what character in Greek mythology does the author compare the "Madonna with the Pomegranate"?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 5, who was born the year Michelangelo died?
2. What was the first opera?
3. What object did Toscanelli add to the Duomo, as mentioned in Chapter 4?
4. What was Paolo Uccello's birth name?
5. Which artist, mentioned in Chapter 4, was famous for painting dragons?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)