|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, what novel contains a painting as the antagonist?
(a) Finnegan's Wake.
(b) Gravity's Rainbow.
(c) The Sound and the Fury.
(d) The Picture of Dorian Grey.
2. What color is Saint John's robe in the fresco in Santa Maria Novella?
3. According to the author in Chapter 4, what artistic idea did the Venetians learn from the Florentines?
(a) Trompe l'oeil.
4. What is the color scheme of the Baptistery?
(a) Grey and brown.
(b) Blue and gold.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Pink and brown.
5. What church houses art that memorializes the quashing of the Patarenes?
(a) San Frediano.
(b) Santa Maria Novella.
(c) The Duomo.
(d) Santa Croce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
2. Who brought about the Donation of Constantine?
3. According to Chapter 2, by the time Michelangelo was an old man, who could afford to commission a work from him?
4. According to Chapter 6, what colors do the "great Florentine innovators" generally favor in their paintings?
5. Who painted "Supper at Emmaus," which is mentioned in Chapter 7?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)