|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is market day in Florence?
2. Which artist, mentioned in Chapter 4, was famous for painting dragons?
(a) Andrea del Castagno.
(d) Piero di Cosimo.
3. According to Chapter 1, how much did the piece of masonry that fell from the National Library weigh?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 132 pounds.
(d) Approximately 1200 pounds.
4. According to the author, who was "the chief Florentine representative of the bella maniera of Raphael"?
(b) Andrea del Castagno.
(c) Andrea del Sarto.
(d) Il Rosso.
5. When was the fall of the Republic?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the Florentines take Donatello's "Judith and Holofernes" before bringing it to the Palazzo Vecchio?
2. Which famous writer is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of Michelangelo's famous sculpture, which is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 1?
4. What museum in Florence does the author call "a picture gallery" in Chapter 4?
5. Who wrote the poem "Ode to the West Wind"?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)