|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the wife of Cosimo I?
(a) Anne Tudor.
(b) Eleanor of Toledo.
(c) Margaretta di Lorenzi.
(d) Isabella of Venice.
2. Who painted "Supper at Emmaus," which is mentioned in Chapter 7?
(b) Il Rosso.
(d) Andrea del Sarto.
3. According to the author, who is the only person who can observe Florence well?
(a) The toddlers in strollers.
(b) The streetsweepers.
(c) The night watchman.
(d) The gatekeeper at the Boboli.
4. According to information provided in Chapter 4, which artist was posthumously considered to be "a devil"?
(a) Andrea del Castagno.
5. Along with Pontormo, which artist mentioned in Chapter 7 suffered from agoraphobia?
(b) Andrea del Sarto.
(d) Il Rosso.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, Florence shares "simplicity of life" with which city?
2. What is the object that is most frequently stolen in Florence?
3. Who is buried in the Badia, an abbey?
4. Who is the person mentioned in Chapter 3 who did not exact revenge from someone he came across on Good Friday?
5. According to the author's opinion as stated in Chapter 1, Italians are not what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)