|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure in the Piazza della Republica celebrates progress?
(a) The triumphal arch.
(b) The statue of a galloping horse.
(c) The statue of Pope Pius IX.
(d) The bridge over the canal.
2. What was Paolo Uccello's birth name?
(a) Paolo Fernandi.
(b) Paolo di Coppola.
(c) Paolo di Medici.
(d) Paolo di Dono.
3. According to Chapter 6, which month is the "classic Florentine 'month'"?
4. As Chapter 2 mentions, what place in Florence "resembles a petrified forest"?
(a) The butterfly garden at the Boboli.
(b) Michelangelo's studio.
(c) The tomb of San Miniato.
(d) The basement of the Duomo.
5. Whom does the author call "the resident humanist in the Medici household"?
(a) Clarice Orsini.
(b) Catherine the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 3, what caused the civic unrest in medieval Florence?
2. According to the information provided in Chapter 5, what did the palaces used to sell to the people?
3. When was the fall of the Republic?
4. Who painted the Virgin Mary's head in the fresco of the Annunciation at the church Santissima Annunziata?
5. What is the main road between Siena and Rome?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)