|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the author use to describe Venice and Siena in Chapter 1?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 5, what did Donatello and Brunelleschi plan to have for lunch one day?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(c) Coarse bread.
(d) Wine and cheese.
3. Who created the fresco "Universal Deluge"?
(d) Andrea del Castagno.
4. As mentioned at the end of Chapter 1, who hid in the German Institute during World War II?
5. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
(a) The Duomo.
(b) San Miniato.
(c) Santa Maria Novella.
(d) Santa Trinita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What museum in Florence does the author call "a picture gallery" in Chapter 4?
2. Who is described as the "ideally self-interested despot"?
3. What is Donatello's statue of John the Baptist as a boy called?
4. When were the statues that decorated the Santa Trinita bridge sculpted?
5. According to the author in Chapter 4, what artistic idea did the Venetians learn from the Florentines?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)