|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the Florentines take Donatello's "Judith and Holofernes" before bringing it to the Palazzo Vecchio?
(a) The Medici palace.
(c) The Uffizi.
2. According to the author, Florence shares "simplicity of life" with which city?
3. Who created the fresco "Universal Deluge"?
(d) Andrea del Castagno.
4. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
(a) San Fernando.
(b) San Miniato.
(c) Saint Stephen.
(d) San Juan de la Cruz.
5. In what year did a flood destroy the Marzocco?
(c) 72 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to popular opinion as mentioned by the author in Chapter 4, who is the person represented in the center of "Universal Deluge"?
2. The artist mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 4 is puzzling over what subject?
3. What artist is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 4?
4. Who painted "Stories of Saint Peter and Original Sin"?
5. According to Chapter 1, how much did the piece of masonry that fell from the National Library weigh?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)