|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in the end of Chapter 3, how long was medieval Florence at peace from political unrest?
(a) Six years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One hundred years.
2. Who is described as the "ideally self-interested despot"?
(a) Machiavelli's Prince.
(d) Don Quixote.
3. Who is buried in the Badia, an abbey?
(a) Saint Francis.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(d) Ugo of Tuscany.
4. Under what medieval Florentine laws could a supposed political dissenter be convicted without evidence?
(a) The Pax Romana.
(b) The Laws of Loyalty.
(c) The Via della Gloriosa.
(d) The Ordinances of Justice.
5. According to Chapter 2, by the time Michelangelo was an old man, who could afford to commission a work from him?
(d) Groups of townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
2. Which famous Florentine statue no longer has a head?
3. How did Florentine art express the concept of infamy?
4. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
5. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)