|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the stone for the Santa Trinita bridge come?
(b) The Boboli Garden.
(c) The quarries to the north of the city.
2. As discussed in Chapter 3, who defiled Savonarola's pulpit?
(a) The Bad Companions.
(b) Various Inquisitors.
(c) Guelph peasants.
(d) Il Postino.
3. What adjective does the author use to describe Venice and Siena in Chapter 1?
4. As mentioned at the end of Chapter 1, who hid in the German Institute during World War II?
5. Who brought about the Donation of Constantine?
(a) Saint Sylvester.
(b) Gregory the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 1, of what does everyone in Florence complain about?
2. How did Florentine art express the concept of infamy?
3. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
4. Where did Buondelmonte de' Buondelmonti, the bridegroom mentioned in Chapter 2, die?
5. What structure in the Piazza della Republica celebrates progress?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)