|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which poets touted a "tooled-leather idea of Florence as a dear bit of the old world"?
(a) Robert Frost and William Carlos Williams.
(b) The Shelleys.
(c) Keats and Wordsworth.
(d) The Brownings.
2. Which character from Dante's Inferno is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 3?
(a) Vanni Fucci.
(c) Cosimo I.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 3, what does the surname "Bevisangue" mean?
4. Who wrote an exaggerated biography of Castruccio Castracane?
5. As mentioned at the end of Chapter 1, who hid in the German Institute during World War II?
Short Answer Questions
1. During a medieval uprising, which group did Michele di Lando lead?
2. What buildings in rural Tuscany survived the medieval wars between the nobility and the people?
3. Who brought about the Donation of Constantine?
4. According to Chapter 2, by the time Michelangelo was an old man, who could afford to commission a work from him?
5. What day is market day in Florence?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)