|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe in Chapter 2 as "a stone hypodermic needle"?
(a) The tower of Palazzo Vecchio.
(b) The steeple of Santa Croce.
(c) The memorial to Michelangelo.
(d) The lightning rod on the triumphal arch.
2. As represented in the statue at the Bargello, what weapon does Saint George conspicuously not carry?
(a) A quarterstaff.
(b) A whip.
(c) A sword.
(d) A dagger.
3. Who wrote a sonnet denouncing Pistoia?
4. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
(a) The Tigris.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Arno.
(d) The Riviera.
5. When did the battle of Pistoria take place?
(a) 722 B.C.
(b) 1 B.C.
(c) 62 B.C.
(d) A.D. 66.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church houses art that memorializes the quashing of the Patarenes?
2. What type of political speech does Chapter 3 describe as occurring frequently in Florence since medieval times?
3. Who is the patron saint of Florence?
4. As discussed in Chapter 3, who defiled Savonarola's pulpit?
5. According to Chapter 1, of what does everyone in Florence complain about?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)