|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of George Eliot's novels is, according to McCarthy, a "sentimental pastiche of Florentine history"?
(b) The Mill on the Floss.
(c) Daniel Deronda.
(d) Silas Marner.
2. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
(a) Santa Trinita.
(b) The Duomo.
(c) Santa Maria Novella.
(d) San Miniato.
3. Whom does the character Fiorino emulate?
(c) The Minotaur.
(d) Helen of Troy.
4. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
(a) San Miniato.
(b) San Juan de la Cruz.
(c) Saint Stephen.
(d) San Fernando.
5. What was the function of medieval towers?
(d) Guest space.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a sonnet denouncing Pistoia?
2. According to the author, who is the only person who can observe Florence well?
3. What is the color scheme of the Baptistery?
4. In what year did a flood destroy the Marzocco?
5. Which group of people most commonly gets robbed in Florence?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)