|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the Florentines take Donatello's "Judith and Holofernes" before bringing it to the Palazzo Vecchio?
(a) The Uffizi.
(d) The Medici palace.
2. Who broke the Florentine custom of honoring the public far above the individual?
(a) Pope Clement VII.
(d) Cosimo il Vecchio.
3. According to Chapter 1, how much did the piece of masonry that fell from the National Library weigh?
(a) 132 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 5 pounds.
(d) Approximately 1200 pounds.
4. Who wrote a sonnet denouncing Pistoia?
5. As mentioned in the end of Chapter 3, how long was medieval Florence at peace from political unrest?
(a) Six years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) One hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought about the Donation of Constantine?
2. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
3. What church houses art that memorializes the quashing of the Patarenes?
4. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
5. What buildings in rural Tuscany survived the medieval wars between the nobility and the people?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)