|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Florence's prospective satellite city?
(d) Piazza della Romana.
2. Who wrote an exaggerated biography of Castruccio Castracane?
3. What color of marble is not found in the Florentine hills?
4. What is the bird of Florence?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A swallow.
(c) A bluebird.
(d) A crow.
5. How many arches does the Santa Trinita bridge have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first Florentine Christian martyr?
2. Which group of people does the author mention in Chapter 1 as willing to show their city to anyone?
3. What church houses art that memorializes the quashing of the Patarenes?
4. To what city is Florence compared in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. How did Florentine art express the concept of infamy?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)