|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the medieval conception of Florence, which city is Florence's mother?
2. Who is buried in the Badia, an abbey?
(a) Ugo of Tuscany.
(b) Gregory the Great.
(c) Saint Francis.
3. Under whose leadership were the Patarenes quashed?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) Saint Benedict.
(c) Saint Peter Martyr.
(d) Pope Stephen II.
4. According to Chapter 1, how much did the piece of masonry that fell from the National Library weigh?
(a) 132 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) Approximately 1200 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
5. According to the author, who is the only person who can observe Florence well?
(a) The night watchman.
(b) The toddlers in strollers.
(c) The streetsweepers.
(d) The gatekeeper at the Boboli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church houses art that memorializes the quashing of the Patarenes?
2. During a medieval uprising, which group did Michele di Lando lead?
3. What was directly outside the boundaries of ancient Florence?
4. When were the statues that decorated the Santa Trinita bridge sculpted?
5. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)