|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote an exaggerated biography of Castruccio Castracane?
2. According to Chapter 2, by the time Michelangelo was an old man, who could afford to commission a work from him?
(d) Groups of townspeople.
3. What day is market day in Florence?
4. Which church does the author describe in Chapter 2 as "half a grain depot to be used in case of emergency, siege, or famine"?
(b) Santa Croce.
(c) The Duomo.
(d) The Bargello.
5. What does the author call "an incubus on its present population"?
(a) Historic Florence.
(b) The David.
(c) The Pieta.
(d) The Ponte Vecchio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Donatello's David?
2. What was directly outside the boundaries of ancient Florence?
3. As discussed in Chapter 3, what caused the civic unrest in medieval Florence?
4. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
5. What is the main road between Siena and Rome?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)