|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Florence's prospective satellite city?
(c) Piazza della Romana.
2. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
(a) Santa Maria Novella.
(b) San Miniato.
(c) Santa Trinita.
(d) The Duomo.
3. Which group of people does the author mention in Chapter 1 as willing to show their city to anyone?
4. Which group of people most commonly gets robbed in Florence?
(d) Germans and Swedes.
5. According to the author, who is the only person who can observe Florence well?
(a) The streetsweepers.
(b) The gatekeeper at the Boboli.
(c) The toddlers in strollers.
(d) The night watchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city is Florence compared in the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. According to the author's opinion as stated in Chapter 1, Italians are not what?
3. What structure in the Piazza della Republica celebrates progress?
4. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
5. Whom did Dante see at the Badia?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)