|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 2 mentions, what place in Florence "resembles a petrified forest"?
(a) Michelangelo's studio.
(b) The tomb of San Miniato.
(c) The butterfly garden at the Boboli.
(d) The basement of the Duomo.
2. Under what medieval Florentine laws could a supposed political dissenter be convicted without evidence?
(a) The Pax Romana.
(b) The Via della Gloriosa.
(c) The Ordinances of Justice.
(d) The Laws of Loyalty.
3. As discussed in Chapter 3, what caused the civic unrest in medieval Florence?
(a) The heavy taxes Rome imposed.
(b) Ambition and envy.
(d) The fight for liberty against tyranny.
4. What famous explorer consulted with Toscanelli?
(a) Admiral Drake.
(b) Ponce de Leon.
5. Who created the Duomo?
(d) Andrea del Castagno.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Florentine church housed a respected music school in the fourteenth century?
2. According to popular opinion as mentioned by the author in Chapter 4, who is the person represented in the center of "Universal Deluge"?
3. Who is the patron saint of Florence?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 1, what injury was suffered by the woman who was hit by two bicycles?
5. According to Chapter 1, how much did the piece of masonry that fell from the National Library weigh?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)