|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who painted the Virgin Mary's head in the fresco of the Annunciation at the church Santissima Annunziata?
(a) A monk.
(b) Piero della Francesca.
(c) Fra Fillipo Lippi.
(d) An angel.
2. When did the Spanish military overthrow the Florentine Republic?
3. As discussed in Chapter 3, what caused the civic unrest in medieval Florence?
(a) The heavy taxes Rome imposed.
(b) The fight for liberty against tyranny.
(c) Ambition and envy.
4. On what holiday do Florentine vendors sell crickets?
(a) Ascension Day.
(b) The Feast of the Annunciation.
(c) May Day.
5. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
(a) Santa Trinita.
(b) Santa Maria Novella.
(c) The Duomo.
(d) San Miniato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the instructional booklet Della Pittura?
2. Whom does the character Fiorino emulate?
3. Under whose leadership were the Patarenes quashed?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 6, which object is prominently venerated in Tuscany?
5. What is the object that is most frequently stolen in Florence?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)