|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the character Fiorino emulate?
(b) Helen of Troy.
(c) The Minotaur.
2. What is the color scheme of the Baptistery?
(a) Blue and gold.
(b) Grey and brown.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Pink and brown.
3. What is Donatello's statue of John the Baptist as a boy called?
(a) The Voice in the Wilderness.
(b) San Giovanni ante Baptiste.
(c) San Giovannino.
(d) Little John.
4. What is the name of the river that runs through Florence?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Arno.
(c) The Riviera.
(d) The Tigris.
5. What is the title of the hymn that Chapter 6 mentions as having been composed by one of Savonarola's adherents?
(a) "Fairest Lord Jesus."
(b) "Crazy for Jesus."
(c) "O Sacred Head."
(d) "Beneath the Cross of Jesus."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first opera?
2. According to Chapter 1, how much did the piece of masonry that fell from the National Library weigh?
3. According to information provided in Chapter 4, which artist was posthumously considered to be "a devil"?
4. Who killed Giuliano, according to the tale related in Chapter 6?
5. Whom does the author cite as building on the artistic endeavors of Uccello and Piero della Francisca?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)