|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character from Dante's Inferno is mentioned in the first paragraph of Chapter 3?
(a) Cosimo I.
(c) Vanni Fucci.
2. In the author's opinion, the work of which artist achieves Plato's ideal forms?
3. Where was "The Battle of San Romano" originally housed?
(a) The Uffizi.
(b) The bedroom of Lorenzo de' Medici.
(c) The Boboli Garden.
(d) The chambers of Pope Clement VII.
4. Which artist, mentioned in Chapter 4, was famous for painting dragons?
(c) Andrea del Castagno.
(d) Piero di Cosimo.
5. To what character in Greek mythology does the author compare the "Madonna with the Pomegranate"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what are the two extreme images in Florentine painting?
2. What is the title of the hymn that Chapter 6 mentions as having been composed by one of Savonarola's adherents?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 5, which artists did the Romans think were searching for treasure around the ruins of ancient structures?
4. Which fresco, created by Uccello, does the author consider to be "an example of Florentine avarice"?
5. Who created the Pazzi Chapel?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)