|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
(a) A restaurant with a great deal of outdoor seating.
(b) A huge fountain.
(c) A statue commemorating Pope Clement VII.
(d) A parking lot.
2. As mentioned in Chapter 2, in Dante's Inferno, which Florentine is in Hell with the heretics and Epicureans?
(d) Cosimo I.
3. Who broke the Florentine custom of honoring the public far above the individual?
(a) Pope Clement VII.
(b) Cosimo il Vecchio.
4. As mentioned in Chapter 1, what injury was suffered by the woman who was hit by two bicycles?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A cracked skull.
(c) Internal bleeding.
(d) Two broken legs.
5. Where is Donatello's David?
(a) The Bargello.
(b) The Uffizi.
(c) The Palazzo Strozzi.
(d) The Baptistery.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the Florentines take Donatello's "Judith and Holofernes" before bringing it to the Palazzo Vecchio?
2. What color of marble is not found in the Florentine hills?
3. To what city is Florence compared in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. According to Chapter 1, if you are lost in Florence, whom should you ask for directions?
5. What structure in the Piazza della Republica celebrates progress?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)