|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the middle of the main piazza of Florence?
(a) A huge fountain.
(b) A restaurant with a great deal of outdoor seating.
(c) A statue commemorating Pope Clement VII.
(d) A parking lot.
2. Who is buried in the Badia, an abbey?
(a) Gregory the Great.
(c) Saint Francis.
(d) Ugo of Tuscany.
3. Which famous Florentine statue no longer has a head?
(c) La Dama del Alba.
4. Which Florentine church is too far outside Florence for most tourists to visit?
(a) San Miniato.
(b) The Duomo.
(c) Santa Trinita.
(d) Santa Maria Novella.
5. To what city is Florence compared in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Donatello's statue of John the Baptist as a boy called?
2. As mentioned in Chapter 2, in Dante's Inferno, which Florentine is in Hell with the heretics and Epicureans?
3. What was the home of the Roman governor called?
4. How many arches does the Santa Trinita bridge have?
5. What color of marble is not found in the Florentine hills?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)