|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous Florentine statue no longer has a head?
(b) La Dama del Alba.
2. What is the bird of Florence?
(a) A crow.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A bluebird.
(d) A swallow.
3. Who eventually renounced his nude sculpture "Neptune"?
(a) Andrea del Castagno.
4. Whom did Dante see at the Badia?
(c) Catherine of Siena.
5. Who broke the Florentine custom of honoring the public far above the individual?
(b) Pope Clement VII.
(d) Cosimo il Vecchio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned in the first sentence of Chapter 2?
2. Who is the patron saint of Florence?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 2, who carried Donatello's statue of the Infant Jesus into battle?
4. Which poets touted a "tooled-leather idea of Florence as a dear bit of the old world"?
5. What does the author describe in Chapter 2 as "a stone hypodermic needle"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)